9.1.5 Character Customizations: New and Improved You

Alright I will actually admit I’d be interested in these of all of them. I don’t like the idea of covenant races becoming playable, but these are technically their own thing and not souls twisted into something else. Same with the faeries technically.

I would play one given the option. Their design is something I enjoy a lot.

3 Likes

I simp for monster races.

Also Draven is bis.

3 Likes

It honestly depends on the monster design to me. “Just ugly” isn’t something I’m a fan of. The gargoyle folks aren’t ugly to me though, they have their own… I don’t know how to explain it? They’re monstrous and beastly but also aesthetically looking super nice. (I’m not a furry, I’m just saying they look nice.)

1 Like

All of the elves except NB, put their weight on a single leg & hip, making them look as though one leg is shorter and as a result have developed scoliosis. Both males & females. It’s even more pronounced with Belves & Velves.

It looks like a lot of effort went into them tbh.

https://www.iamag.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/wow-shadowlands-conceptart-059.jpg
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/e/e3/General_Draven.png/revision/latest?cb=20200713125141
They look polished for a NPC race. But yeah, they don’t look ‘ugly’ by any means. Everything just works with them. Art team nailed their design.

Redemption in progress …

Sylvanas will probably become a neutral alliance / horde NPC in patch 9.2 = Dark ranger option for blood elves and night elves.:thinking:

Yeah I would roll a lady bat! Would be interesting to see more hair options too.

2 Likes

Void elves are missing new hairstyles and jewellery and both void elves and blood elves are missing tattoos.

2 Likes

Void elves are missing new hairstyles and jewellery and both void elves and blood elves are missing tattoos which should have been given a long time ago. Tattoos should have been a thing long time ago.

3 Likes

The Void Elves aren’t the focus of the upcoming patch although they got a classic Blizzard emergency update due the falling player numbers.

seems odd since our horde equiv, nightborne, were slotted for updates this time. i guess cause they gave us skin and haircolors over the last 2 updates, they consider it job done. but we have no tats or jewelry or hair pieces or hairstyles other than those we started with. i assumed hairstyle updates would be kinda normal. keep hoping they’ll sneak a few new hairstyles in this round.

5 Likes

Their new pattern tells it all: Heritage weapons with the updates. The Void Elves haven’t gotten their update yet.

interesting. had no idea.

Intriguing theory.

Though I think Nightborne and Lightforged need more work so I would not call them “Done” at this point.

7 Likes

Every race at this point. And the character creator as well. I do hope 10.0 delivers, otherwise the game truly has fallen into a miserable state.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hey Blizzard. Where is the Mok’thanal Orc Customization Options for Orcs as well as the Stromgarde Vrykul/Dalaran Thin Humans?

1 Like

Will there be anymore customizations in the future for Void Elves. Despite haivng more options on skin tones, eye colours and hair colours as well as a tenticle toggle option, we’re still limited on our customizations such as hair styles for an example.

3 Likes

I find it ridiculous that you guys choose to use that picture to feature the whole narrative when the NB hands glow is still clearly wrong. The original hands glow is much brighter and have an even brighter outline on all NB NPCs.
What you’re showing was just a rushed photoshop brush over the texture and nothing more.

Are you for real?

4 Likes

I was under the impression it was still undergoing testing - their wording when it was announced suggested that. It feels a bit strange to me as well that they’ve decided to move on from it already when there have been many bugs on the ptr (aside from it not being as luminous as it should be)

5 Likes