9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Come on, Blizzard. Fix this current gear mess in PVP! We want action, not words.

3 Likes

100 percent with High rated transMod

5 Likes

agree that based on bliz’s operating procedure thus far with borrowed power, everything will come back in the next xpac with new names a a few tweaks PLUS some new systems to keep generating extra grind off the same level of rewards/content - the system bloat just gets more and more bloated especially with every new activity added that immediately becomes mandatory

but we’ll see

1 Like

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem like they get the idea…

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/472225252294787076/882797293315694642/unknown.png

We literally asked for 0 rank gating and they actually sat down and said, “Hmmm, Did you mean more ranks?”

Should we start using reverse psychology or?

30 Likes

This is why everyone has gave up on blizz. They hear us they just DGAF.

15 Likes

They actually made the problem even worse. It now takes someone at 1800 to get 150 more rating points to get the 239 gear they already have? And you need 2400 to get the gear that 2100 players already have?

This seems like a big oversight.

There really is no need for a tier of gear at 2400. Push these ranks down a bit. 1800 for 239, 1950 for 242, 2100 for 246.

PvP ilvl is already super nerfed from the previous seasons gear.

10 Likes

“Yo dog we heard you didn’t like rankings on gear, so we added more rankings”

19 Likes

It’s ok, I’m sure it won’t cost even more honor to upgrade through more ranks, right? Right? RIGHT!!!111!!11

3 Likes

tell me how… they are ACTIVLY MAKING IT WORSE EVERY DAMN PATCH?!

12 Likes

Blizzard- these changes in pvp gear in 9.1.5 is not what we asked for and is 100% UNACCEPTABLE. If it goes live, my friends and I will not be re-subbing.

We have been asking for 1 honor and 1 conquest set. Stop forcing this horribly broken system down our throats!

12 Likes

Instructions unclear, it will now cost Honor cap per piece to go up each rank.

4 Likes

This is so disheartening…

It will cost conquest, that’s why they raised the conquest cap.

6 Likes

CQ to upgrade??

That’s even worse! LOL

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever log into to retail again. And I’m conflicted about even playing classic.

9 Likes

Wait seriously?

Well I can say with certainty, I will not be back for 9.1.5. I don’t even know if I’ll even bother with 9.2 at this point.

Blizzard just doesn’t care, plain and simple. They can fix this and make everyone happy with just a few lines of code.

I’ve been keeping a toe in the water and playing classic while hoping Blizzard will do something.

But if is their fix? I’m done.

2 Likes

I hope not, but that was what I heard.

I really hope this thread saves us cause as of right now, the changes they are making are leaving honor gear useless maxing at 233 which is 26 ilvl lower than BiS and there is still rating gating on conquest gear. The honor set needs to be viable vs. max gear toons for those who enjoy bgs. They are still going to get steamrolled with this system, and given they earn their conquest, should be able to gear BiS also for competition purposes.

One version of the rating gating looked almost acceptable giving a smaller gap from 1.4-2.1/2.4 but the latest has increased that gap more. Right now, 1.4 player trying to push 1.6 will be going against people with a 13 ilvl disadvantage. I think this is unacceptable, I think if you have gotten your full conquest, it should be BiS 100% so you can see where your skill/comps land you.

3 Likes

I’m confused, how does this make the gap worse?

The iLevel table was updated a few hours ago and they bumped the PvE iLevel down a tier, added 249 for max PvE iLevel at 2400, but 2100 remains the actual PvP iLevel cap. As far as I can tell the numbers are equivalent to what they are now with the added bonus that the rating to iLevel curve is smoother especially on the lower end. I just woke up so maybe I’m completely misinterpreting something.

Don’t get me wrong, this is still a horrible system and no amount of tweaking and tuning is going to make it good short of a pendulum swing making bis basically Combatant or Challenger. But with the update to iLevel posted earlier this is a net positive.

The intermediate steps are a net positive too.

The unrated great should be brought up to 236 in pvp, then the chart would at least make sense.

For general reference, here’s the new table: