9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Horde is like 9 pts lower than it was 4-5 weeks ago. It’s pretty sad how bad the inactivity is.

3 Likes

Yep, r1 is going down even with artificial inflation. The participation is so low it’s almost unbelievable. Blizzard doesn’t care.

5 Likes

Lol, images of a Draenei with a gnome in his scabbard

BTW, RMT is already a thing in TBC. People are just trading retail gold for classic gold. It’s like 500g a token AFAIK.

Imagine a game being a subscription, still in beta, and P2W all at the same time. It blows my mind that I might have to go back to F2P games for my PVP if they don’t sort this out. I guess that’s win in itself for my wallet, but man… I like WoW PVP when it’s good :frowning:

3 Likes

I will bump every day until blizzard acknowledges this issue

11 Likes

Wait till everyone figures out that season 2 will only further the imbalance. Essentially, anyone starting with full 226 gear will immediately have a ticket to a higher rating than those without. Unlike season 1, it will be an unequal playing field with gatekeeping going on from day 1. Hit 2100 in the first week or 2 (or be a glad level player with 220ilvl) or you’ll never get it.

18 Likes

Oh. That sounds absolutely scary. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Very scary indeed

1 Like

bump cos fk this trash current system.

3 Likes

What a silly system they’ve designed it’s as if they’re trying to kill the game. What if the devs at blizzard realized how evil Activision is and how the investor first mindset killed art and fun in games. Instead they’re now forced to create a simple dopamine drip where you go round and round the wheel never getting enough. Ion has fallen on the sword for us and is purposefully destroying the game to spite Activision and it’s investors. Really quite beautiful if you ask me. THANK YOU ION!

7 Likes

That’s definitely a creative way of looking at why the game is spiraling the toilet.

8 Likes

I too would like to thank Ion for fighting back against Activision. Well done!

Maybe they are pulling a WoD demo lock on pvp. They will remove faction barriers next expansion and are trying to get as few people playing pvp as possible before removing it.

6 Likes

Oh man… I hadn’t even considered this… Bleh

1 Like

back to the top you go.

5 Likes

Oh ah eh oh.

Remember when Blizzard completely ignored this thread but 1 guy in Legion said templates suck and they were like “YOU’RE RIGHT SCRAP THIS IDEA AND REVERT BACK TO MASSIVE GEAR DISPARITIES IN PVP ASAP”. I guess you hear what you want to sometimes. Can’t wait to start 9.1 off with a bang where some people begin the season with a massive gear advantage.

13 Likes

Blizzard get’s more FREE testing and feedback than another game could buy, and YET they ignore it all and go with some crazy philosophy that looks good on paper but is pure Sheist ingame

8 Likes

I know right

Yeah I didn’t think of how bad it’s going to be right off the bat for season 2

2 Likes

Yep. The gap between honor gear and even rival gear is like 40% more damage (in PvP) and about 35% more effective HP. It’s fine for there to be SOME gap between fresh toons and mains but… this? Two rival geared characters vs two honor geared characters is almost 3v2 in terms of output/hp.

8 Likes

bump

I really really don’t want to have to find another game.
le sigh … :worried:

8 Likes