9.1 on PTR in two weeks

Looks like the August 9.1 rumors are not true. 9.1 PTR will be on PTR in two weeks, so possibly early-mid may for 9.1 and season 1 to end?

That would only be like 2-4 weeks of testing an adjustments though, wouldn’t it?

You talk like it matters. This game is in perpetual beta.

10 Likes

Haven’t you heard? We now pay a monthly sub to provide quality control for Blizzard, a free addition to your WoW gaming experience.

1 Like

Source??

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting Thanks

Yah, I’m impressed…I wasn’t expecting anything this early.

You’re assuming they wont leave it on the PTR for a couple months, or test different variations of it. We don’t even know what state 9.1 is in.

is an assumption not really based on anything, it kind of implies that 9.1 would be in a workable state the day it hits ptr. Which it likely isnt… I imagine there will by a myriad of bugs requiring fixes (or they ignore it) and adjustments to be made. May would be cool I guess, but mid summer is probably still a safer bet.

Major patches are usually on PTR for at least two months. So this implies a late June launch. That’s also assuming they’re not rushing to put it on the PTR, so it could take 2 and a half months to make it from PTR to launch.

1 Like

Sadly, this is the best way I think WoW could be described and if I didn’t know they are just so damn stupid, I’d think it was intentional

Wowhead posted previous PTR to release cycles and it looks like Mid April PTR to Mid June Release.

If anything they might delay it further given they already did with SL launch.

7.1 was only on the PTR for a month, so it’s not impossible, but most other patches have stayed on PTR for about 2 months.

Mid June is a terrible time for 9.1 imo; after this past year of covid I can’t imagine starting my summer off by staying inside playing WoW and I wouldn’t be surprised if others feel the exact same way.

Will we know the list of reworked honor talents prior to ptr ???

Good question. Probably will be released when 9.1 hits the ptr in two weeks? I realy want to know this too, could drastically change what class/spec ill be playing in 9.1

It’s possible the bad publicity has sparked them into action to save face, and mitigate the amount of people who would of stopped paying for their subs.

This is exactly how I would respond if I was in their shoes. It buys them time to leave it on “test realm” while they hammer at making the patch complete.

Yeah maybe. The also might be shooting themselves in the foot. TBC and 9.1 at the same time seems like a bad idea imo, also couples with current bad press and mass layoffs. Something will be delayed somewhere, and we may see poor-quality deliverables in either tbc or 9.1 or both.

THC shouldn’t have that many issues, it’s mostly porting the game into the newer engine and making sure the data still works correctly. It’s busy work but they already have the reference to work from.

A new patch however, they have to do all the balancing and zone creation etc, artwork, lore. I feel like that takes more time. Especially since they like to compound the complexity by adding all these dumb borrowed power systems.

All open world games are buggy as hell, MMOs twice as much. WoW isn’t special in this regard no matter how much it has your fee-fees riled up.

I hope they take their time and add ALOT of content. But please blizzard, TAKE YOUR TIME. Don’t rush, but put a lot of work in.