9.1 FPS drops, stutters, choppy

Massive random freezes, tried everything, even turned off half my addons. The raid is almost unplayable, has killed me on several mechanics.

Just adding a note that disabling addons does not unload them. It prevents their visual appearance. Renaming the folder is the only way to test without addons.

Also a victim. Pls fix blizzard.

1 Like

Blizz said they identified the issue they had missed from previous patch
Why haven’t they updated us?

Hi guys, I am having similar issues with the 9.1 patch, I think the stuttering is caused solely by the map UI of the shadowlands zone and not the game world itself, I have made this video going over the issue and explaining what I have found, Hope it help the developers fix this one up quick !

PC SPECS:
i5 6600k
r9 280
16gb ddr4 ram

(Issues is also persistent on my high end system with 10900k and RTX 3080)

Blizz blue posts stated they released a hot fix last week that was quickly removed. It created more problems then it solved. Im hoping for a real solution by next Tuesday.

Whenever I start a raid boss fight, there is like a 5 second lag spike where I cannot do anything and my computer is locked up. Making raiding difficult.

3 Likes

Looks like today’s mid-day update fixed it.
Thank you, Blizzard.

Since build 9.1.0.39335 im having massive fps drops in oribos (when i transfer to a server) and in korthia everything runs at 75-60fps but when I go to the Estuary of Awakening and Hope Ascent when i put my camera over the horizon my fps drop to 30-20. First i got issues with the map stuttering (fixed) now this. Also some dungeons where fine after this new build, but spires and plaguefall, and halls of atonement also drop fps pretty hard uninstalled addons once again deleted cache, tried my graphics on low and the fps is still at 30-20. what’s going on, this is frustrating

Reporting in, I too have the same issue here is a list of what I’ve done to try and fix this issue, although; the problem still persists.

Troubleshooting
Restarted PC
Disabled addons
Changed graphics api ( directx 11 & 11 legacy )
reinstalled Nvidia drivers
verified intel CPU drivers
Reinstalled/repaired WoW
Changed graphics quality/settings
Verified PC integrity (cooling, memory, etc)
Changed PC power settings (desperate at this point)

1 Like

also in taza vezh megadungeon in the market area my frames are dropping to 20-10s from 75.

1 Like

My frames seem to be ok around SL, but I will add did Taza last night and anywhere that was not inside was horrid! The fps drop was insane.

Running a good build aswell.

1 Like

RTX 2070 Super here and only started having issues with 9.1 as well, it got WAY worse in the area on the east side of korthia where all the giants, bears and spikeybirbs are under the chain you do the lightning rod daily quest on.

And just in many SL zones at this point seem to be having weird performance drops for no reason, stutters with quest objectives, opening maps, etc. And with certain addons (Like bagnon) the game stutters just mousing over anything in my inventory.

2 Likes

Something else I’ve noticed that is probably related. Tabbing out of the game will sometimes lag out Windows for a minute.

So, i thought id chime in with more detail if MODS are still watching. Here are some video recordings of some symptoms im having that align with op’s issue ( just simply loading assets or so prompts choppy and dips in fps )

FPS freezing/dipping:

Choppy FPS:

2 Likes

Drops happened with me today in the Terragrue fight, lowered my graphics to (1) and still was getting 10 fps down from 50-70

1 Like

I go from 85-100FPS to 12-15 FPS when pulling bosses in Sanctum.
Ryzen 7 3700x
RX 5700 XT
32G Mem
wow on PCI 4.0 NVME

3 Likes

I have this exact same issue since the end of BfA, and SL 9.0. I’m currently playing 9.1 and my loading screen is now taking more than usual. It freezes in 20% -25% and once it finish after a long time, area/enviroment textures are taking too long to load, also sometimes it freezes and it send me to the reconnect screen when my internet connection is fine. There’s also a big delay when opening my in game mail because it doesn’t show the icons of every item. I’ve observed that is impossible for me to play on early mornings and on weekends because of the constant stuttering in the main cities as well and my fps drop from 90fps to 1fps or 90fps to 15fps. I’ve disabled addons, disabled vsync, triple buffering, etc, I’m playing with the lowest settings and still nothing. Hope we can hear about a solution for this issue ASAP :frowning:

3 Likes

I have issues in major cities too like oribos when i get invited to another server my frames drop from 75 to 20-10s
 :frowning:

2 Likes

I have a completely new gaming system, fresh install of wow, fresh install of addons, and I still freeze when someone breaks an urn in Torghast or in the new raid. I have an RTX 3060 for a video card. I’ve dropped the graphics down to 1 and it still does it. I’m kinda floored that a serious gaming system freezes like this when breaking a damn jar. Playing on a beast of a machine and can’t see the beauty of the game because my graphics are turned down to nothing.

1 Like