9.1 FPS drops, stutters, choppy

Same. Even in places like Molten Core my FPS is dipping from 75 that its usually at to like 55.

1 Like

Yep me too, even in old world zones in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms where there is literally no other players. Major stuttering and my framerate is dropping to 20-30.

mine was like this also and worked yesterday but Wed its been worse than ever. mainly in towns (oribos) and rested zones like Cortia.

My issues resolved when I started playing in full screen instead of windowed. On first boss SoD for example, fps would drop to 15 - 20 if I was in windowed. Run it easily at 55-65 just by making that switch.

Awful problem, I solved it by following the advice to change from Dx12 to Dx11.

Yeah Ttis is still the case, I have tested on all 3 of my set ups and is also the case for the overall zone map of azeroth regardless of running dx11 or 12… as well as the flight path maps too; hoping they can fix it soon with 9.1.5

UPDATE: just tested the 9.1.5 PTR and the main issue seems to back again, on the overall shadowlands map, the azeroth overall map and now even in the shadowlands covenant zones (have tested on 3 separate machines including a laptop and the issue persists)… hoping the devs can fix this before the patch goes live.

i bin havein the fps go from 60 down to 10 back up and drop over and over

Last night in SoD on Sylvanas Heroic

Every time she Cast Veil of Darkness it caused a stutter/lag spike for about half a second caused a micro cast delay irritating when cast was Disengage to jump out of it. and on platforms her casts of Veil delayed/stalled needed interrupts on Caster mobs.

Last night, while in SoD, some of the guild, including myself, noticed a player stuttering across the floor. That’s not a usual thing going on. This morning though, I am now having the drastic fps drop and stuttering issue. After renaming my cache, wtf and interface folders it still didnt fix the issue. Not sure why everything was fine last night and today it’s not. There was an update last night but troubles didnt start until today. Frustrating

RTX 3070

I started noticing this issue about a week ago. Don’t remember downloading anything, but I can’t even like graph a drop in frames, it just doesn’t happen. It’s a micro stutter and I notice it most in BGs/Oribos/Major Cities just running around when players load in. I’m glad I found this because I’ve been desperately trying to fix this myself disabling addons, updating them, repairing WoW, was going to do a fresh install but glad I found this thread. Updated all my drivers and still nothing.

Weird i know…but i was having the same issue. Just tons of micro stutters. I enabled v sync and it went away. I disabled it and it stayed away. Maybe try that?

worth a shot, i’ll give it a go.

UPDATE 2: just tested the 9.1.5 PTR again , for me the stutter is now only present on the overall azeroth overall map and all shadowlands maps are back to normal but this is only on the PTR, when I log into the the live game on my low level (11) account there is no stuttering present; am unable to test on high level as I am not subbed, so if anyone can test that it would be great… hope this helps the devs out !! good luck guys

Cheers

I’ve had this problem for a while now. My home latency is low, then my world latency will shoot up as high as 3700, basically turning the game into a slideshow. This has resulted in numerous deaths while out in the world and has decreased my quality of play significantly.

This has been going on for months now. I just got a brand spanking new pc that was a huge upgrade so I could play the game at highs speeds with good graphics quality, I cannot even begin to express how disappointed I am that I’m now back to watching the wow slideshow.

Yeah my FPS and ms have been acting up as well.

there’s absolutely no reason for my game to have 20 FPS on my end and up until recently as of the lawsuit I’ve not had issues in 9.1

Now the game has points where it’s almost completely unplayable for no reason I can find and no fix works at all for me. The maintenance days have done nothing to help either and yes all of my stuff is up to date and clean.

It’s getting more and more frustrating to try to do anything when now not only are my loading times forever but sometimes the game will stutter to a point I can’t even sneeze.

Maybe they will get their act together in 9.1.5, but I don’t have much hope

Having the exact same issue, but only in raid when the encounter begins. FPS drops from 80-90 to 25 at worst. Mythic + is fine. Had absolutely no issues during BfA. I’ve literally done everything, reinstalled the game, reinstalled windows, upgraded GPU and nothing. My comp specs are legit, and other games run fine.

Specs:
ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2
Intel Core i7-7820X 3.6 GHz
Nvidia RTX 3060
32GB Ram
1TB
750W

Please Blizzard, fix this … like it’s really ******** annoying…

Heroic Fate Scribe, for what ever reasons, i lag spike randomly from 2 to 5 seconds and it infuriate me because when i’m on a rune and the lag spike happen … well guess what ? Yeah… that ******** annoying.

When i have the bomb(orb) and then the LAg spike occur right after getting it and i try to move? NOPE, i run in place according to others.

Like what do we have to ******** do to pay a competent person at Blizzard to figure this non-sense? Like , i HAD to quit the raid, because the lag spike was INTOLERABLE! Even happened to one another raider as well, and we had to STOP the raid because of this.

For me, it only happen on Fate Scribe. Rarely happen on others fights from what i can remember.

Note: That my FPS is completly fine. I don’t see drop or what so ever (probably because i’m used(or was) used to play at 20-30 fps and the game MAY drop to that fps at some point but didn’t noticed it(and doesn’t bother me) but it is the lag spike/freeze that trigger the HELL OUT of my soul.

1 Like

Lmao… The lawsuit has nothing to do with it. It’s not like some angry Blizzard coder decided to break the game to get back at the pesky players. It’s a mix of Windows and Nvidia causing the problems for the most part. That and players using bad addons that are inefficiently coded, along with a bunch of dumb bloatware apps for their glowing cases and keyboards. Oh and don’t forget the paranoid conspiracy theorists that think running a VPN will hide their web history. Layer all of that together and you get stutters, frame dips, network lag, etc.

Oh but wait, even if you hit the nail on the head with what is probably going wrong for the people having problems, they will just claim they don’t run addons, don’t use VPNs, are on the latest Windows build and don’t have a single thing installed on Windows.

Your best bet, at this point, is to complain on the Microsoft and Nvidia forums about these issues or run WoW in DX11 mode.

1 Like