9.1 FPS drops, stutters, choppy

After digging through forums last night this problem sounds like an issue as old as the first windows update. A messy update package. Blizz probably fed us an update that was poorly organized but worked . . . on their computers. That can cause delays that affect everything from hardware usage to spell casts registering. If WoW was a cat this update was Blizzard putting socks on its feet.

2 Likes

Today was an improvement. But the issues still persist. Or . . . less people are playing because of these problems so the stutters/delays/FPS trouble just seem smaller. :thinking:

2 Likes

Having the same issue, completely wiped my Interface/Cache/WTF to test and still the same

3 Likes

Having the same issue, open map, fps drops from 60 to 48-50, stutters, micro freezes, same thing when you try to do any WQ and every time you kill an enemy for the WQ.

It’s not just annoying, it makes it unplayable.
before 9.1 everything as fine.

Already did all the Interface reset, cache, WTF, empty addon folder, graphics driver (nvidia 471.11 - GTX 970 G1 Gaming)

Please, fix it.

4 Likes

Exact same issues as what you guys have listed, Stuttering when quest/map opens and frame rate drops since 9.1

1 Like

im not saying its the only fix, but turning off targeted FPS in the settings… seemed to help me. for w/e reason it got set to 8… i turned it off and seems good

1 Like

Found this Blue post on the EU forum.

That was 5 days ago . . . then.

then

Lets hope weekly maintenance will resolve these issues.

2 Likes

having major fps drops 2070 super rtx choppy unplayable
in the new zone mostly

So I thought it was just me. I tried it on my main system on an Radeon 6800xt and was getting micro freezes and 1 second stuttering. Swapped to my other system with an RTX 3080 and got the same thing. So it’s not drivers. Pretty damn annoying.

1 Like

Also having fps drops on a 1080ti, running latest drivers.
Thought it might be related to the map fps issue so refrained from opening up the map for a while on a couple of play sessions. It did not help. Getting as low as 30-40 fps in the maw/korthia sometimes.

Try unchecking the new Target FPS option in the Advanced tab of the system settings. It doesn’t fix the map/quest update stutter issue but it did fix other general FPS issues I was having with this patch.

didnt fix it for me sorry thank you for posting
also audio static popping when listning to spotify havent tried without it yet

having similar issues. Was in the new area today and every time I ran by something or entered combat the whole game just froze for 1 or 2 seconds while it buffered. I tuned down all my setting and the game is still running like crap.

2 Likes

Massive random freezes, tried everything, even turned off half my addons. The raid is almost unplayable, has killed me on several mechanics.

Just adding a note that disabling addons does not unload them. It prevents their visual appearance. Renaming the folder is the only way to test without addons.

Also a victim. Pls fix blizzard.

1 Like

Blizz said they identified the issue they had missed from previous patch
Why haven’t they updated us?

Hi guys, I am having similar issues with the 9.1 patch, I think the stuttering is caused solely by the map UI of the shadowlands zone and not the game world itself, I have made this video going over the issue and explaining what I have found, Hope it help the developers fix this one up quick !

PC SPECS:
i5 6600k
r9 280
16gb ddr4 ram

(Issues is also persistent on my high end system with 10900k and RTX 3080)

Blizz blue posts stated they released a hot fix last week that was quickly removed. It created more problems then it solved. Im hoping for a real solution by next Tuesday.

Whenever I start a raid boss fight, there is like a 5 second lag spike where I cannot do anything and my computer is locked up. Making raiding difficult.

3 Likes