9.1 Covenant armor

Well, considering they can hide everything except pants and wield a fish, wear pajamas, or a fairy jester outfit, or the plethora of “plate robes” they could wear since what, T2 judgement set, I’d say you would’ve never had immersion to begin with.

Pretty much this. The only thing that has been seriously hindering the transmog system in terms of utility and diversity of how the player base can look…has been this silly “class fantasy” argument and artificial limitations to what you can mog.

The devs with this just proved that not allowing classes to mog whatever they want from a cosmetic perspective is 100% artificial.

Now that we can transmog cloth as plate wearers, remove the restrictions across the board.

It’s time for us to see battle mages running around, beefy plate wearing assassin rogues, DK cloth/leather necromancers. etc. etc. use your imagination.

Do we know? No

Will you be able to? Most likely. Catch up gear is always added for each patch.

I would hang on to it in case, but I wouldn’t count on it.

Regrinding out gear you already have is now a staple of the WoW player engagement metric.

There will most likely be new armor with better statistics dropping in “Korthia.” They want you in the new zone, not upgrading old armor from old content. You’ll get the cosmetic armor from above or you can transmog to your current armor.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Wait until you hear what Wrath and Legion did with the Nordic theme.

Just image you can catch up with armor but weapon and tickets and rings are still at the mercy of the RIG god.