9 hours into Kul Tirans. Not a shred of fun

I want the race, there is only one way to unlock them.

Therefore, there is no choice.

Sounds like content that is current to me.

2 Likes

Only arbitrarily.

Yes you do. you can choose not to unlock the race. I know this is a rage thread about not unlocking all the allied races for everyone. my opinion (which is just as valid as yours) is to keep them locked. I went back and got them all in shadowlands and had a lot of fun doing it. There are a ton of people that love doing old content for expansions they missed.

Just because the game has something you don’t like, doesn’t mean we all agree

3 Likes

For a new player coming, this gives the more time to spend in the game. Meaning longer time spent subbed.

Good luck, hope you can pull through the torment of 6 year old quests. :rofl: :roll_eyes:
Very doubtful they will ever change it.

1 Like

This - this is the key annoyance for me. I just unlocked all of the allied races after about 70 hours of game play. One of the main reasons it took so long, is despite bliz clarification (Clarifying the Process for Unlocking Mechagnomes) you can no longer do the first part on Horde. I had to go back and do everything on an alliance alt, which I had to level first.

All the out dated guides and clarifications only add to the confusion and feel bads.

BtWQuests addon was a life saver for me though.

3 Likes

Ah… the ultimate rebuttal . well i’m rubber and you’re glue buddy!

2 Likes

Anyone who defends this system is objectively a shill

Or someone that enjoys quest.
y’ know… the thing we’ve been doing since day 1?

2 Likes

The questlines wouldn’t go anywhere. You would be free to do them at your leisure.

You enjoy subjecting others to your preferred playstyle.

Honestly at this point they should unlock the allied races by doing one quest per race…

Some people might like to do over 4 year old content…I would believe a lot don’t

The thread can pretty much stop here, unless the ghost of Dale Carnegie himself has something to say.

2 Likes

The thread can stop when I stop having to do this garbage content or until they change it.

We should be able to sell racial unlocks on the AH

1 Like

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, much like eating paint chips and defending arbitrary unlock processes.

such a meanie…

I have sympathy for you as someone who just finished the grind. I know for me, I tried to have fun with it. I picked a race and class I hadn’t played before (Void Elf Demo Lock) and learned it and leveled it from lvl 10. I never touched BfA - so I tried to enjoy it. I know when I got frustrated I had to go do other content for a while.

I know have a max level lock I enjoy and can’t wait to gear.

Though, I’ve yet to make a Kul Tiran…

As someone who has done all the AR unlocks I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again:

Blizzard should just remove the requirements to unlock AR.

It’s such a weird concept having to play a race you don’t want to play in order to get the one you want. And if you want to keep all the progress you earned on your original character, you’d need to fork over $25.00.

Keep the unlock quests in for the story but this time have them reward the heritage armor or have it give the option to start those races at level 10.

2 Likes

An actual compromise? The OP won’t go for it, sorry.

I have never advocated for removing the quests altogether lmao

Unattach the quests from the unlock.