8th Guild Bank Tab/Stay Classy Guild Achievement

It feels very unnecessary to me that the 8th Guild Bank Tab continues to remain behind the Stay Classy guild achievement - which requires one of every race/class combination at max level in the guild (sans allied races/opposing faction races).

As the leader of a small guild, we use our Guild Bank to share transmogs with each other - and having an 8th tab would greatly assist in keeping the bank organized.

When the achievement/reward was first introduced, both guilds and guild achievements were a much bigger part of the game. Today, players are a lot less incentivized to join a guild - as there is no need for commitment with the ability to join pugs across server for whatever content they’d like whenever they want. In addition, Guild Achievements are more of an afterthought nowadays without any reward.

Even if a guild manages to recruit new members, there’s a very low chance a guild would be able to complete this achievement. For an Alliance guild, you need roughly 65 different race/class combinations. Not only do we know that Alliance races are unfavored among the community due to combat racials, but being able to naturally recruit things like a Pandaren Warlock or Dwarf Mage at max level seems extremely unlikely.

Due to the current feeling of irrelevance for Guild Achievements, and especially the difficulty of a guild completing the Stay Classy achievement where new race/class combinations continue to open up - I propose that the 8th Guild Bank tab just be moved to the guild vendor for purchase.

1 Like

There’s a lot that’s inconsistent about old guild achievements. Sometimes World Quests count as dailies, sometimes as quests, which makes it harder to get the daily quest achievements, because they have to be done in old content.

I’m the same. But we finished it in Cata with a whole 16 active people.

If the guild really wants the bonus tab, I’d suggest using Pandamonium to do so. It’ll go super fast that way and be unlocked when the characters are transferred to the rest of the game. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is true that it should be pretty quick compared to what it would take in the past, but one thing I worry about is that they’ll transfer during pre-patch - in which I imagine even though the level cap isn’t active yet for players, I think that 11.0 will then recognize level 80 as max instead of 70.

Like yeah, it should be pretty simple, but ultimately I feel that locking a useful guild feature behind either mass recruitment or a time sink isn’t very healthy for the guild.

With all of the recent wins that Blizzard has had with respecting a player’s time, I just wanted to shine a light on this pain point which deserves a second look given their modern philosophies.

(big grats to you and your guild though!! doing it back then must’ve taken a lot of effort given leveling speeds back then)

2 Likes