8,9,10 cloak is now harder to accomplish than 13,14,15

Because you need 4 pages and therefore 4 corrupted zones and therefore you either need to have either enough skill and/or research to do a full clear or you need to run it multiple times.

1 Like

8,9,10 requires clearing four zones. You don’t need to actually kill Alleria/Thrall for them.

2 Likes

They through us a bone. Relax. You have the rest of this year to get it.

2 Likes

You are right, I just do the two baby zones twice. Don’t want to risk trying a full clear when I know I’m nowhere close to where I’d need to be for that lol

1 Like

The problem is that I was so excited to hear that a catchup mechanic was on its way… only for it to not even be helping me, someone who desperately needed help catching up since I only returned a month ago.

Instead, it seems to be benefiting people who didn’t need the assist to begin with. They can do visions blindfolded, naked, and no research, so clearly it’s not a big deal to them. If the catchup mechanics aren’t reaching the actual people it was meant for… should that not be talked about?

5 Likes

Just did rank 10 on 444 druid. Had to do it twice. Second run I had Elite Termination and probably could have done 3 zones, 4 without Thrall possibly. I’d have to be lucky with potions for sure and have ke-babs.

A catch-up is a blanket thing. It isn’t selective. It doesn’t pick and choose. The amount of pages was reduced so that it could be complete in one run. If you cannot take advantage of that, like I said, it’s unfortunate, but that is a player problem. The catch-up has remained the same language since it was implemented. It can, if you play well enough, only take one run.

4 Likes

The pages were not reduced for these quests, though. These three quests that are specifically pinpointed here were not changed for some reason.

The title of this thread is just logistically true, and it’s weird. It doesn’t make sense why these three earlier steps should be harder than the steps that come after it.

4 Likes

…Yes they were, friend. Rank 8 required 4 pages. 9 required 6. 10 required 8. All of those ranks now require just four pages. Which, as I said, can be done in one run.

2 Likes

This is such a short-sighted complaint…

It might not be helping you now, because they’ve consistently made those quests easier to complete, but it will help you later when you don’t need 4 runs to finish the final level of your cloak.

2 Likes

So would you rather get 4 pages, or the old 8? It is a catch up mechanic.

2 Likes

If the idea is why complain because I’ll get there eventually… Then why add a catchup mechanic at all? Isn’t that the same argument you can have either way?

And the complaint is that these three ranks are harder than the ranks that come after.

I get it; you guys don’t care. You’re awesome. I am not. I thought the catchup mechanics were going to make a difference to me actually… catching up, and they aren’t at the moment. I am still at the exact same standstill as I was before the change.

3 Likes

The catchup was solely so it takes less runs per quest, that’s all. Unfortunately it does not seem that is where you were/are having an issue.

I like that it is 4 now, it would have probably taken me 4-5 runs to get 8 pages lol!

They aren’t harder to complete, you are doing the same content every time in the same manner. Horrific Visions are literally logic puzzles. Very little changes.

The only thing that’s changing? Is the amount of pages were reduced. That’s it. It’s a gift. Take it.

Let’s try it this way - do you know what you’re doing in the vision? Has someone taught you how to go through one cleanly, and without issue? This isn’t me being sarcastic, I’m being serious. I coach my guys and girls through everything, horrific visions included. Do you know about your potion grid? Do you know when to use K’thir food and the optimal path? Are you aware of named NPC’s which are spread throughout visions and provide 10% damage, healing, movement speed, so on and so forth? Are you taking consumables?

I’m serious, I will pull you in my discord right now and teach you all that you need to know.

4 Likes

I was actually confused when I just got my rank 11 on an alt, I was still 2/8 and my next run only let me loot 2 pages, my quest log clearly showed the quest wasn’t completed, but the quest marker above Wrathions head said otherwise.

1 Like

Catch up mechanics are never intended to help new or returning players. They are intended specifically to help the alts of players like the ones who are telling you how easy these are.

Yes, power progression on these are inverted. The same people who are telling you how easy it is are the ones who claim they think all content should be really hard, but actually enjoy reaping the benefits of the inverted power progression that has resulted in a lot of players giving up on this.

1 Like

That’s a visual bug of having the quest prior to the adjustment and reducing the amount of pages required. Nothing big.

Yes, I think there was some stuff that they still needed to figure out. I was confused too but it was very convenient that they required 4 because I had 4/6, nice little surprise!

And also wow you’re that high on an alt? I’m impressed. My alts just wait for the next patch to get quest gear lol.

Yeah I know, it kind of gave me a giggle when I realized what was going on.

1 Like