8700k literally melts motherboard and water-cooling system

Whatever helps float your boat my friend :smile:

We don’t agree with everything presented by him. At the end of the day his posts are a definitely a stretch at times to the point it needs to be called out. To call them lies is a bit deceitful.

He is definitely correct on this forum regarding treatment of various vendors. Griefs lies about BIOS update bricking [an un-purchasable] Ryzen system the vocal minority revels in how bad Ryzen is. Do you see the same response when people are correctly informed of security patches slowing down their Intel CPUs?

I don’t necessarily agree with all of You’s messages. He is very much telling the truth of fanboism and frankly technical ignorance on this forum.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

I am fine with any disagreements

what i am not fine:

literally people turning down someones voice because of the brand because “lul bad brand xD!”

Its 90% because I disagree their points of view, then they label you as “AMD shill” even though you also point out flaws for BOTH brands, its bad because you pointed it out

Let’s be fair, AMD does deserve egg on their faces: jacking up prices of Threadripper3K/5700, Jan 2020 drivers and Radeon VII. I don’t get how this forum tries to attack the success product and not their failures. It’s shocking.

Google searches don’t take much time.

So far nothing of what you’re saying is showing up as evidence:

Sample:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:psZ3rMbZUM8J:https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759277859+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I’ve never trusted “requiring” water cooling/sever overclocking, etc.

There is too much to go wrong.

So I’ve always bought procs at later iterations, when they are “cooler” whatever.

1 Like

I am just happy we have more options now. You can tell a product is clocked to its limits when it Requires an AIO to function. Products like the fx 9590, fury x, vega 64 wc edition, and that one from the blue team.

He was obviously trying to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Fully agree there, if it can’t be cooled with a cinderblock-like air cooler like an NH-D15 I’m not buying it. Read too many water cooling horror stories.

2 Likes

Me too, I couldn’t handle the stress with water cooling. I don’t care how good it cools, potential leaks worry me.

1 Like

Same, but the pic, the person who did this must of been some soft of moron to let that amount of voltage to get to the CPU. Ugh…

Exactly.
Its not about wether it was a 8700k or not.
This user probably could have done the same thing to any CPU/motherboard.

This makes me cringe to even look at x_x; Just how… What… to allow that much voltage… oml.

Some people are just dumb or they do things like this on purpose to get a rise out others.

I pop in here every few months and there’s always a AMD shilling thread from You, today i come here and see no AMD amateur marketing and think wow, maybe You has finally given up. Instead there’s this :joy:

Never change, man. I’ll keep popping back every so often just to see if you’re still running a one man cheer leading squad for the red team lol

Zen was great, Navi not so much. Believe it or not, but a company can produce good and bad products. That’s why shilling for a company is a terrible idea.

How a company can not provide h.264 encoding and have as much driver issues and hardware issues as Navi in 2020 is beyond me.

What’s weird to me is that Navi driver issues are seemingly isolated to Windows. In my testing, the Linux and macOS Navi drivers have been trouble-free. Not that it matters much since the vast majority are using Windows, but why would driver bugs be isolated to particular platforms like that? Is there something they’re writing differently in the Windows drivers?