Dungeon and Raid Tuning -- February 9

With hotfixes that will go live during scheduled weekly maintenance this week (tomorrow, February 9 in this region), we will make the following tuning adjustments to many dungeon and raid encounters.

Dungeons and Raids

De Other Side

• Mythic Keystone timer increased to 43 minutes (was 41 minutes).
  • Hakkar
    • Son of Hakkar melee damage reduced by 50%.
    • Blood Nova damage reduced by 20%.
  • Dealer Xy’exa
    • Arcane Lightning damage reduced by 25%.

Necrotic Wake

• Nalthor the Rimebinder
    • Champion’s Boon duration increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).

Spires of Ascension

• Ventunax
    • Dark Stride duration decreased to 15 seconds (was 20 seconds).

Theater of Pain

• Xav the Unfallen
    • Health reduced by 10%.

Castle Natrhia

• Artificer Xy’mox

• Glyph of Destruction damage reduced by up to 20%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
    • Withering Touch damage reduced by up to 20%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
  • Sun King’s Salvation

• Soul Infusers, Vile Occultists, Bleakwing Assassins, Pestering Fiends, and Rockbound Vanquishers’ health reduced by 10% on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
  • Lady Inerva Darkvein

• Lady Inerva Darkvein now throws fewer bottles for smaller raid sizes, scaling from 1 to 3 (was 2 to 3) on Normal difficulty, and scaling from 2 to 4 (was 3 to 4) on Heroic difficulty.
    • Anima Web now does up to 20% less damage for raids with fewer than 30 players on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Shared Suffering now does up to 20% less damage for raids with 10 players on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Base health for Conjured Manifestations and Harnessed Specters is now lower for raids with fewer than 30 players on Normal and Heroic Raid difficulties.
  • Sludgefist

• Fixed an issue that caused Chain Slam damage to not scale correctly with group size on Heroic difficulty.
    • Chain Slam damage reduced by up to 35%, depending on group size, on Heroic difficulty.
    • Colossal Roar damage reduced by up to 20%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.
  • Stone Legion Generals

• Overall damage scaling updated, with damage having been decreased by 25% for 10-player raids and increased by 10% for 30-player raids on Raid Finder and Normal difficulties.
    • Overall damage scaling updated, with damage having been decreased by 33% for 10-player raids and increased by 17% for 30-player raids on Heroic difficulties.
    • Stone Legion Goliath health decreased 11.1% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Stone Legion Skirmisher health decreased 10% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Heart Rend now targets 1 to 3 players, scaling from 10 to 30-player raid sizes, on Heroic difficulty.
    • Seismic Upheaval now targets 4 to 10 players, scaling from 10 to 30-player raid sizes, on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    • Seismic Upheaval now targets 3 to 5 players, scaling from 10 to 30-player raid sizes, on Raid Finder difficulty.
    • Wicked Laceration damage now scales with the number of players on Normal and Heroic difficulties
  • Sire Denathrius

• Crimson Cabalist health reduced by up to 10%, depending on group size, on Raid Finder, Normal, and Heroic difficulties.

Additionally, with a hotfix that is now live, Nadjia’s Familiar Predicaments will no longer unintentionally reduce the duration of Dancing Fever.

15 Likes

Yay! Please keep nerfing things so I can do ‘em!

Love, Wild

23 Likes

nice what you think about mdi though? I love that its just fire mages monks hunters boomies.

8 Likes

Wild, I gotta say I love your posts, your always so positive and always looking at the bright side of things… please never change.

10 Likes

Holy jebus

1 Like

Make the Lord/Lady of War title account wide. Please and thank you. :grin:

7 Likes

We had four years of rogues and havocs. Why is the meta suddenly a problem?

4 Likes

The meta isn’t suddenly a problem people QQ about the meta whenever it exists (always). No matter what comp it is people are going to be upset about it.

5 Likes

Why so few mythic Castle Nathria nerfs? Only generals, really?

I would like to see more of across the board nerfs to all mythic bosses except may be first 2 (Shriekwing and Altimor).

Mythic difficulty is very overtuned compared to normal/heroic and needs fixes badly…

1 Like

Fix scaling for legacy content please.

31 Likes

Asking for a fix to the real issues at hand. :+1:

3 Likes

Nerf things enough and even those classes you refuse to properly tune/balance will feel like superstars.
Big Blizzard brain.

4 Likes

Dying on this hill are we? I approve.

2 Likes

Horde hit 100

Alliance just got their 28th kill this morning

I don’t know when the next tier is coming but they might want to sling some more nerfs around :rofl:

Though I am genuinely curious what would happen if say next tier was tomorrow and guilds stopped doing M CN. Would they just let it not be xrealm still until some bored guilds decided to clear it 2 tiers later?

1 Like

buff pallys please

2 Likes

I believe a straight 20% to damage and healing would be good… Might be a tad to low tho

And also make mw spells cost more mana imo

This first tier of mythic raiding has been brutal. Don’t know if it’s a gear issue due to how awful it is to acquire gear, but even now that the raid is 220+ everything is still really just hard.

I kinda hate how spell queuing has been the prevailing fix they’ve come up with to deal with all the mods to help organize raiding.

Been try since I got the title lol! :rofl:

1 Like

Please… PLEASE, stop making the content easier and START making it rewarding.

Maybe if we were getting halfway decent gear for these bosses you’d be seeing completion rates you are looking for.

14 Likes

Because their main isn’t fotm anymore for it so if their spec/class can’t be then no one’s should and is now a problem. heh

1 Like