Class Tuning Underway -- February 2

rogues suck because covenant abilities are awful.

4 Likes

Really? Warlock is left to Rot again…these tunings are soooo lazy…a aura buff to every class…damn people’s money is going to good use over at the Blizz HQ eh.

Edit: please afflictions dots need more power, they are a joke at the moment especially in PvP…our dots need a decent 10% buff in pve and 20% in PvP

6 Likes

Yet MW (and RDruids - which have the exact same issue) only represent 2-3% of the Mythic raiding population past the first few bosses. HPS isn’t particularly relevant as a statistic for determining healer strength/viability and hasn’t been for some time.

Disc/HPally/RShaman are eating up 90%+ of the Mythic raid spots (on top of being the 3 best M+ healers) not because of their HPS, but because of the strength of their overall toolkit, including unique utility, things like raid wide DR CDs that don’t show up on that throughput, and significant damage contribution. MW/RDruid aren’t really garbage because of throughput - they do about the same throughput as everyone, they are garbage because they don’t have a competitive toolkit as a spec. To fix it, they either need to make the specs with bad toolkits do way more HPS than the 3 meta specs, or they need to address the toolkit/utility imbalance.

10 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is it?!

1 Like

The current issue with meta right now is mostly stemming from flat damage, and it’s better to even out the playing field before tweaking more intricate designs that may potentially make things worse.

We’ve decided to additionally change:

• Warlock
    • Destruction
      • All damage abilities increased by 5%.

And this is now added to the OP here.

12 Likes

You realize these are DPS changes, so the DHs questioning this are concerned about Havoc, not Vengeance. And not all players like to tank either. Nobody is questioning the validity of Vengeance right now. But DHs only have 1 DPS spec unlike most other classes, and the single DPS spec still feels lackluster in ways that an aura buff won’t solve.

8 Likes

all specs and classes should receive buffs, more power!!

1 Like

I think if they keep making changes like these weekly/bi-weekly we will reach a closer state of class balance than if they did huge nerfs/buffs all at once.

1 Like

Im talking about dps. Some people don’t want to switch to tanking because it’s the only viable spec for the class… Warrior damage is only decent in execute. That means most of the fight you’re doing terrible damage. I outdpsed a 220 mythic geared warrior significantly as a 205 marksman hunter. That shouldnt happen.

1 Like

Congrats Warlocks.

The response was that Demon Hunters don’t have a usable PvE spec. Regardless of whether or not it’s a tank spec is irrelevant when the question is if they have a usable PvE spec.

They do.

These slight buffs to all of these specs are so generic and little that they will not matter, this will still keep us all at the same bottom of the barrel and will not help much to the players that feel sidelined not being able to do meaningful PVP, Rated, raids because our DPS, survivability with Havoc is way too low. I am sure the people that get 5% buffs are not getting to excited knowing they get an EXTRA 50 DAMAGE per 1000 = 1050, 3% = 30 damage per 1000 = 1030, OH BOY!!! I can HARDLY WAIT!!!.. Please Bliz this has to be better our time and money is burning up while we are sidelined unable to play our specs you guys ruined

3 Likes

What kind of argument is this? The meta for M+ is a tank spec not a DPS spec (and that’s because of movement not because of mitigation which is a problem for tanking in general), plus we’re talking about DPS not what’s meta or what people prefer to bring to raids or M+. If you play dps and wanted to do more damage, switching to a tank spec is not even a viable option. This discussion is around dps and damage. You have other dps options, DH don’t. Warrs have 2 dps specs and both of them are low on the charts. Warlocks have a spec that’s in the middle of the pack and in top 3.

6 Likes

Amazing the rogues being a pure dps with 3 dps specs don’t have a single spec in the A tier.

3 Likes

Well then that DH used their words wrong. But this entire topic is about DPS changes, so you can forgive when someone says DH PVE isn’t up to par they’re likely talking about Havoc, not Vengeance.

4 Likes

If they are underperforming, don’t you think something like 6-10% might be a good start?

10 Likes

A scalpel instead of a chainsaw, nice! Glad to see Blizzard is finally able to do small buffs instead of making a spec super op. Now, only if they could do the same with nerfs.

3 Likes

How can you look at all the data and be like, Arcane mages yep they’re fine.

6 Likes

How about reducing pet rez from 4 secs to 2 secs? When my tank dies and I put pet on taunt, it doesn’t take but a hot 10 secs for it to die. 1001…1002…1003…oops. I agree a flat 5% buff is just giving us back what they took in the first place. Slap on a % and be done with it, eh.

1 Like