The Mythic Dungeon International is Back -- Live Today

Cup 1 Day 1 VOD
Cup 2 Day 2 VOD

WATCH LIVE HERE TODAY

Top teams from around the world will face off to earn points towards advancing to the MDI Season 1 Global Finals and compete for their share of the $20,000 (USD) prize pool per cup.

DETAILS

• Dates: Every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from January 22 to March 14
  • Broadcast Start Time: 10:00 a.m. PT / 1:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 a.m. AEDT
  • Format: 5v5, Best of 3
  • Seasonal Affix: Prideful
  • Dungeons:
    • The Necrotic Wake
    • Plaguefall
    • Mists of Tirna Scithe
    • Halls of Atonement’
    • Theater of Pain
    • De Other Side
    • Spires of Ascension
    • Sanguine Depths
  • Language Streams on YouTube:

CASTER LINEUP

MORE
Check out the broadcast schedule on our esports page to plan ahead for more MDI in weeks to come. Be sure to keep an eye on the WoW Esports Twitter page for live updates, recaps, and all the memes you can handle.

3 Likes

wonder how many non DH tanks we will see

31 Likes

Oh boy… I wonder how exciting this will be to watch since everyone’s playing the exact same comps for M+ high keys.

VDH’s and the current awful kite tank-meta for M+ is insanely boring and not fun to play, let alone watch.

14 Likes

Careful, he’ll delete your post. He deleted mine that said “Do we get class tuning once this is over ?”.

52 Likes

Joy… MDI… the reason we have those god awful timers in mythic.

Can we just… not… this year?

20 Likes

Just being constructive here. MDI to me personally will never be interesting until you balance for better class diversity. The interesting part is watching which unconventional specs/tactics are employed and/or rooting for underdogs.

Not watching VDH+Disc+fire mage/outlaw/balance/MM over and over and over and over.

Why is it so hard to communicate to players like other studios like Riot?

28 Likes

RMP/Hpal in AWC every map
RMP/Hpal + 2 in MDI every map and somehow the casting is even worse.

Don’t even see the difference anymore.

2 Likes

It took anet killing off the pvp community to realize communicating while doing balance updates was the correct way of going about it.

TFW a blue post gets ratio’d.

11 Likes

Why don’t we balance M+ better for the 99% of the playerbase instead of these ridiculous e-sports comps?

19 Likes

Poor Kaivax : “Hey guys, MDI ? you guys wanna watch ? Please ?”

Player base :

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8a60QyXXxxQ/WdcB0UliTbI/AAAAAAAADKI/0FuG_g9YUKUPpdZ8eNjkrKBsDdn8AvvogCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/torchesandpitchforks.jpg

27 Likes

It’s still weird to me that people see riot as the gold standard for player interaction, when the community there constantly accuses the company of ignoring them.

1 Like

I’ll be watching just for the Necrotic Wake run.

And then they wonder why the blues never engage with the community

1 Like

Didn’t you make a post about how you unsubscribed and are leaving WoW due to its current state?

Are you staying subscribed to WoW to do M+ and to watch the MDI event? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Problem more than there will be havoc toping the dps charts anytime soon. Funny how havoc can be bottom tier DPS and that is fine but god help VDH if they are the best tanks. Funny how that “someone has to be at the top and someone at the bottom” logic doesn’t seem to apply here…

1 Like

Not following every single player suggestion isnt the same as ignoring them which a lot of players think.

Riot post weekly blogs regarding current thoughts about the state of the game, future idea goals, and have super transparent developers on twitter who talk to players daily.

Developers also post in the r/lol sub reddit and even specific champion mains subreddits to get player feedback.

Developers on wow literally do not talk to us. We dont know who most of them are. We do not know what they think, what they are planning. Blizzard is literally radio silence compared to Riot.

6 Likes

It’s not even balanced for them. If it were, we’d see more than 5 DPS specs.

I’m genuinely curious how many DPS we’ll see that are not:
Fire Mage
MM Hunter
Boomkin
Outlaw Rogue
WW Monk

Not even going to touch the tanking situation, but we all know what’s going on there :clown_face:

4 Likes

Cool should be fun to see all the overpowered melee crushing trash and the bosses.

Counter argument : maybe if they actually engaged with the community, they would get less pitchforks and torches everytime they put up a blue post about things the player base obviously cares little about.

GD just isn’t the crowd that cares about the MDI.

15 Likes