8.3 Freezing (Windows OS Thread)

Adding what I’ve observed of my issues: The freezing only happens when there’s a ‘text bubble’ at the bottom of the screen from some npc talking, normally during a world quest, or when I enter a zone that has a n’zoth assault happening.

It’s been over a week now and this game breaking monstrosity has not been addressed at all. This on top of the multitude of other bugs. Same thing has been going on for over a month with Hearthstone and the constant disconnects when playing on a tablet again after the release of a buggy patch. What the hell are they doing at Blizzard? Get your sh*t together people!!!

3 Likes

Also encountering this issue especially when having the game windowed and maximized it will freeze for 10-15 secs and snap the window to minimum, as well as when transmog, character panels, as well as the talking head pop ups from WQs.

1 Like

its been a week now and i cannot play the game properly, and this freezing and lagging is happening in every zone, not just the new ones, and there is no words from blizzard and nothing seem to change

2 Likes

People are losing patience with you. Blizzard, i expect more from you than this. Is this what loyal fans get? Self-satisfying non-answers and no communication climbing up to two weeks? Maybe more? Don’t make us wait for answers and reassurance we deserve. I hope for your sake, You’re running yourself ragged trying to fix this as an excuse.

7 Likes

The game has become almost unplayable for me since the patch dropped. Running around at 15 fps while questing, I can’t do any group content like m+ where I drop to 5 fps now.

When I log into my druid I get disconnected 5 seconds after logging in. Happens 2-3 times before working. Everytime I shapeshift it freezes my game for about 2 seconds.

I never had any issues prior to 8.3. I’ve updated my drivers, uninstalled all my addons and reinstalled fresh.

This is quite depressing as I don’t want to enter a vision because my game runs so poorly and I don’t want to waste my vessel. I was also really looking forward to raiding this patch. I was about to pull the trigger on joining a guild, but I haven’t because I can’t play the game smoothly.

I’m pretty much completely positive this isn’t an issue on my end at this point. It makes me not want to play at all so I really hope this gets fixed asap so I can play again.

1 Like

I am having the same issues as above. I seemed to have found a temporary solution with switching to windowed mode, as the freezing is much more limited/nonexistant for me, although I absolutely despise playing in windowed mode. Maybe others could try this and see if it works?

Having the same, infuriating issues everyone else is having. 8.3 is UNPLAYABLE. Fps drop, freezing, crashing due to lack of memory, something in this patch is causing huge memory leakage. Changing to Dx 11 legacy doesn’t help much AT ALL. I’ve been a customer since WoW launched and this is the absolute worst patch ever. Please make it work.

1 Like

Same issues, game is literally UNPLAYABLE, my game never crashed or freezed before… the worst part, this affect ALL the game. I just buyed 6month of game time… pls fix this as soon as possible

I’m having this issue ONLY in Nyalotha, never outside. It started happening on the first trash packs and then escalated to happening during boss fights. It seems to be random, can’t figure out what’s causing it.

2 Likes

Windows 10 Nividia graphics. Before patch 8.3 home 80ms server 80ms. After patch ranges of home: 100ms - 500ms, server 300ms - 500ms. One day both steadily began climbing till both were over 1000ms and was disconnected. Issue: skill lag, momentary lag in all zones. Gameplay experience before patch was excellent. After patch it’s just terrible! Please fix. Thank you.

Yesterday there was no new nvidia driver . There must be a new nividia driver as i updated my nvidia driver today. Dont see a low memory notice anymore but game still lags a lot. Still using direct x 11. Im not going back to direct x 11 legacy ever again…fps is too low and game stuck here and then.

Having AppHangB1 issues as well it seems to be triggered by a lot of the spell effects in Nyalotha. Some of the trash packs that shoot out the purple swirls on the ground as well as on Nyzoth when all of his spells go off (spreading purple pools and the fire ground effect ect.). Outside of similar events in the vale and uldum the games is running fine. Have tried scan/repair on wow updating graphics drivers and windows switched to dx 11 legacy and turned down effects i have a 1070 and the game runs fine everywhere else.

I feel like this is a Windows 10 issue or a Nvidia Driver issue. Other AAA games are crashing as well. I have completely deleted then updated all drivers for my GTX1080ti. I have also done a full OS wipe of Windows 10 and reload. Still crashing all games while I watch Youtube for memory issues. I run 32gb of Corsair RAM and 2TB SSD. To top it all off I even overnighted a new 850w EVGA Power supply thinking that could have been the issue. Nope still crashing all AAA Games and/or Blue screen of death : ( hard restart.

We have practically the same computer, and I am seeing what you are seeing. I am thinking more and more this is an Nvidia driver issue.

almost two weeks unable to play

My game freezes on a regular now. I checked out the even viewer and the nvidia driver is crashing and then recovering which is causing the freeze. This issue only started with 8.3.

same problem. sttutering issues, fps drops on everywhere. my GPU Temp fly on the last part when Nzoth spawn minions on the hert chamber. and the boss on the float platform in Ul dum.

So not to jynx me, I have tried everything and I think I found a Solution! (I have now been playing with DVX12 and everything for a good 1 hr+ when it would crash 5-10 mins in before I tried these 2 things) @Bjornight may have been onto something. I’ve done 2 things. I just downloaded the Nvidia Studio driver instead of the normal Game Driver from Geforce Experience <prob not the fix, but didn’t hurt.>

I Do think that me downloading the MSI Gaming app (I run a MSI GTX 1080ti, comparable Graphics cards probably have a similar fan control program) for GPU Fan Control is the fix. I had been going through all the GTX forums and Windows 10 forums, reloading every driver fix, memory, OS Reinstalls, Wow Reinstalls. I had overlooked a common issue that was listed under possible reasons for games to shut down…the GPU overheating. I downloaded the MSI Gaming app and clicked “Gaming App will overwrite the VGA fan control function” under settings and then set it to Gaming Mode through the APP. Can someone try to replicate this to see if they also stop crashing?

The main point here is all this started with 8.3…
so what has changed?

6 Likes