80k dislikes just got deleted on diablo immortal

11/04/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Mythlor
11/04/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Ifelforu

that would be cute and rad if you werent lying

many people watched the dislikes get scrubbed in real time
thanks drone boy

Did you see it yourself?

Reading it on the internet doesn't make it true.

11/04/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Zlo

Based on how people reacted during the live presentation, I very much doubt any of those downvotes were faked if at all.

Not saying the downvotes are there undeservedly. There's still a massive downvote count. It's just that it's not unheard of to create spam accounts from the same IP for the purposes of brigading a website.

Yes I did I watched live last night as they scrubbed the video dislikes and added likes to it. Also there is another video which shows the real time count and how it was changed over and over again.
11/04/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Ifelforu

yes at 640 pm mountain time they deleted it
I f5 refreshed and saw it drop from 428k to 354k

many other saw it as well

Yeah, as others said it's very likely a bot detection algorithm being run and screening suspicious accounts and their votes. They happen simultaneously, not one at a time. That would be impossible.
11/04/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Mythlor
11/04/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Wenwei

Anytime the vote don’t goes your way.

Just blame the Russian bot, cause that’s how it work.

Who brought up Russians?

The blue hairs
I really don't care if they make phone games, there's nothing they could do to make me play them. What I do have a problem with:

1. Hiding their unpopularity. Its dishonest and scummy. Don't behave like the big internet companies Blizz.

2. Instead of giving new titles for their big franchises to PC, which is what nearly everyone wants, they put them only for phones. It wouldn't have been so bad for them if they said there was a PC version and a phone version.

3. Taking resources away from their bread and butter PC games to put to phone games. When that happens, we get expansions like BfA.
11/04/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Ifelforu

The blue hairs

Only one bringing politics into anything is you guys.

Although this does explain the predisposition to redpilling conspiracy theories.
11/04/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Rechab
I think what people are implying is that Blizz brass contacted some Google brass and told them to do something. Not that Blizzard is hacking Youtube. We all know money talks and they're both titans in the tech industry. I personally believe that it's just Youtube algorithms removing suspicious votes.

It is YouTube's algorithms, because all you have to do is look at other major publishers who have videos with lots of dislikes and you'll see that there is no 'common trend' of major big money publishers scrubbing dislikes. In fact, YongYea pointed this out recently in one of his videos where he showed that Battlefield V and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, despite getting tons of downvotes, haven't had their likes and dislikes touched. Both of those publishers are bigger and make more money than Blizzard. If Google was taking bribes to scrub dislikes, they'd be doing the same thing.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Did you see it yourself?

Reading it on the internet doesn't make it true.

yes at 640 pm mountain time they deleted it
I f5 refreshed and saw it drop from 428k to 354k

many other saw it as well

It could be the Youtube algorithm is trying to combat fake dislikes. There are services out there that do fake clicks and views.
its amazing how many of you have no clue how youtube actually works. Blizzard has no control over likes/dislikes unless it is disabled, which is clearly not the case.
11/04/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Auferre
11/04/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Ifelforu
This is worrying..

How, exactly?

Were you planning on counting the number of likes and dislikes to see if you'd purchase it? Will the number of dislikes affect the final product in any way?

(I'm guessing the answer to both questions is no.)

Here's a hint: Buy products you think you'll want to play, don't buy products you don't like the look of. When they fail financially, the message will get through, believe me.

Actually the answer is yes. If an MMO type of game that revolves around social interaction is viewed poorly then there is no reason to get that game. And Diablo Immortal is a mobile MMO type of game. That is very important.
11/04/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Mythlor
11/04/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Ifelforu

The blue hairs

Only one bringing politics into anything is you guys.

Although this does explain the predisposition to redpilling conspiracy theories.

Lol it all over Twitter, that’s what all the blue been complain, trump won the election because Russian bot temp with the voting system.
Socialblade shows the real dislikes as 560k and comments at 70k. So they deleted 20k commenst so far, and 200k dislikes.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/diablo/videos
11/04/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Materials
Socialblade shows the real dislikes as 560k and comments at 70k. So they deleted 20k commenst so far, and 200k dislikes.

Again 'they' didn't delete anything, they don't have the power to do that.
11/04/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Carhagen
11/04/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Materials

Whatever you say jackass
How do you even DELETE dislikes on youtube??
11/04/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Materials
Whatever you say jackass

No need for insults. I am simply pointing out the reality. YouTube creators do not have the power to modify likes or dislikes. Only YouTube has that power.
11/04/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Carhagen
...Whatever you say jackass

No need for insults. I am simply pointing out the reality. YouTube creators do not have the power to modify likes or dislikes. Only YouTube has that power.
Did i ever say Blizzard?
11/04/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Carhagen
11/04/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Rechab
I think what people are implying is that Blizz brass contacted some Google brass and told them to do something. Not that Blizzard is hacking Youtube. We all know money talks and they're both titans in the tech industry. I personally believe that it's just Youtube algorithms removing suspicious votes.

It is YouTube's algorithms, because all you have to do is look at other major publishers who have videos with lots of dislikes and you'll see that there is no 'common trend' of major big money publishers scrubbing dislikes. In fact, YongYea pointed this out recently in one of his videos where he showed that Battlefield V and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, despite getting tons of downvotes, haven't had their likes and dislikes touched. Both of those publishers are bigger and make more money than Blizzard. If Google was taking bribes to scrub dislikes, they'd be doing the same thing.

You won't get any arguments from me on that. It's absolutely fascinating to watch. This whole debacle has entertained me greatly and much more than WoW has so this fiasco alone has made it worth my remaining sub fees. They are called Blizzard Entertainment after all!
Whatever you say jackass

go publish a youtube video and try and delete dislikes

i dare you too poo for brains
I love all these people convinced that Blizzard can somehow "delete dislikes" on a youtube video.

I mean, how powerful do you seriously think Blizzard is?
11/04/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Ikethespike
...Whatever you say jackass

go publish a youtube video and try and delete dislikes

i dare you too poo for brains
Did your wifes boyfriend say it was ok for you to be up this late?

11/04/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Byniri
I love all these people convinced that Blizzard can somehow "delete dislikes" on a youtube video.

I mean, how powerful do you seriously think Blizzard is?
What do you think happened to the 20 thousand comments and 200k dislikes?