80k dislikes just got deleted on diablo immortal

How many dislikes in total do you think it would be if they didn't delete the number
I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the downvotes were by fake accounts traceable to the same IP, created solely for this purpose.

Not really hard, and not at all surprising from gamer culture.
11/04/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Synah
How many dislikes in total do you think it would be if they didn't delete the number

I'd guess close to 750k. I don't dismiss the possibility of weaponized autism using bots or downvote brigades that youtube's algorithms or perhaps even their engineers have snuffed out.

I don't really think Blizzard are pulling the strings. I don't rule that out as a possibility but I think Youtube has a pretty good understanding of automated trickery and have a vested interest in keeping votes as honest as possible for their advertising customers. Just as blizzard tries their best to stem the tide of botting (sometimes successfuly and sometimes not).

We all know big corps can do a lot of sleazy things when the chips are down but I think the number reflected currently is likely accurate.
If you talked to me a few years ago I would say mobile gaming was a scourge that needed to be wiped out, nowadays I find this whole controversy laughable. Like it or not mobile gaming is on the rise and I have played plenty of mobile games tat are fun, free to play or otherwise.
11/04/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Mikazaki
How does Blizzard have direct control over that though? And if they did, wouldn't they just add likes instead?

they have actually added around 5k likes everytime they do a dislike purge
11/04/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Ifelforu
This is worrying..

Blizzard has no issue with suppressing the truth of things.

What does this mean for wow?
Are we the next franchise to get targeted for demolition?

this effects all of blizzard franchises

Wow lootboxes coming soon TM

Another thread, another bout of ignorance.

YouTube creators cannot modify the likes or dislikes of a video, only YouTube can do that, and YouTube does not have a 'dislike scrubbing' service, otherwise companies like EA, Ubisoft and Activision would have used it by now, along with YouTubers like Logan Paul.
11/04/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Mythlor
I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of the downvotes were by fake accounts traceable to the same IP, created solely for this purpose.

Based on how people reacted during the live presentation, I very much doubt any of those downvotes were faked if at all.
11/04/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Carhagen
This is worrying..

YouTube creators cannot modify the likes or dislikes of a video, only YouTube can do that, and YouTube does not have a 'dislike scrubbing' service, otherwise companies like EA, Ubisoft and Activision would have used it by now, along with YouTubers like Logan Paul.

that would be cute and rad if you werent lying

many people watched the dislikes get scrubbed in real time
thanks drone boy
This is worrying..

Exactly. It would make more sense if Blizzard was adding likes by making multiple YouTube accounts to do so. I don't understand how it could actually be possible for a YouTube video creator to remove dislikes. If they wanted to, they could simply disable likes/dislikes altogether.
11/04/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Mikazaki

Exactly. It would make more sense if Blizzard was adding likes by making multiple YouTube accounts to do so. I don't understand how it could actually be possible for a YouTube video creator to remove dislikes. If they wanted to, they could simply disable likes/dislikes altogether.

Youtube creators can only hide or remove comments as far as I know.
11/04/2018 06:49 PMPosted by Ifelforu

thanks drone boy

I have a YouTube channel, my videos have dislikes that I feel are undeserved. I cannot remove them at all. The option is not there in the creator studio. There is also no support option when I try to reach out to YouTube to get dislikes removed from the video.

But hey, apparently just because you can see numbers move around that clearly means there's a conspiracy at play right?

thanks drone boy

Did you see it yourself?

Reading it on the internet doesn't make it true.

11/04/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Zlo

Based on how people reacted during the live presentation, I very much doubt any of those downvotes were faked if at all.

Not saying the downvotes are there undeservedly. There's still a massive downvote count. It's just that it's not unheard of to create spam accounts from the same IP for the purposes of brigading a website.

I recall several songs losing a massive amount of views after Youtube implemented a bot detection algorithm. This may be no different.
11/04/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Carhagen

thanks drone boy

I have a YouTube channel, my videos have dislikes that I feel are undeserved. I cannot remove them at all. The option is not there in the creator studio. There is also no support option when I try to reach out to YouTube to get dislikes removed from the video.

But hey, apparently just because you can see numbers move around that clearly means there's a conspiracy at play right?
\

My no name literally who? youtube account that no one knows or cares about is representative of a billion dollar company known as activision blizzard who has the money and tech sway to hamfist my way into anything i want

You dont see the disparity?
they are bot deletes tin foil crew.
ITT: people don't know how Youtube does things, doesn't stop them from talking a bout it.

Also in this thread: the belief that if Blizzard develops multiple mobile games, they will stop development on every other game.

Which is...you know, dumb. Really dumb. Cosmic level dumb.
11/04/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Mythlor

Anytime the vote don’t goes your way.

Just blame the Russian bot, cause that’s how it work.
This is worrying..

I can see it now. When you win a piece of loot in a raid, a micotransaction option comes up. $4.99 for WF? $9.99 for TF?

I'm just joking though lol.
11/04/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Carhagen

thanks drone boy

I think what people are implying is that Blizz brass contacted some Google brass and told them to do something. Not that Blizzard is hacking Youtube. We all know money talks and they're both titans in the tech industry. I personally believe that it's just Youtube algorithms removing suspicious votes.

thanks drone boy

Did you see it yourself?

Reading it on the internet doesn't make it true.

yes at 640 pm mountain time they deleted it
I f5 refreshed and saw it drop from 428k to 354k

many other saw it as well
11/04/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Wenwei

Anytime the vote don’t goes your way.

Just blame the Russian bot, cause that’s how it work.

Who brought up Russians?