8 Million Players

This is not true and nobody agrees with it.

Aehl, you’re a big smart boy so I’m going to give you a homework assignment - I want you to go and find out just how prolific the market for nostalgia is in gaming. Like, in quantifiable terms. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be on the same page as the rest of us.

Aaaaaand we’re done here. Bye, Aehl! :joy:

7 Likes

“Then please name me one instance, one example of “instant gratificatIon” in WOW. Just one will do.”
This one is easy - weekly world quest epic giveaways!

how is trying to say this game is better in its current state than classic? Other than upgrades to Graphics which i can care less less about…

Link/Zelda on SuperNSE is still still the best Link/Zelda Nitendo that was made, and the newest ones by far have the better graphics, yet does not make those game better in anyway shape or form.

1 Like

character boost. hehe
/does victory lap

To do this you need to

Have a WOW account
Buy the game and the expac
Have the money to pay for the boost

BTW by your metric, having the money to go buy an icecream is “instant gratification”. :rofl:

3 Likes

“Then please name me one instance, one example of “instant gratificatIon” in WOW. Just one will do.”
This one is easy - weekly world quest epic giveaways!

To do these you need to:

Have an account.
Pay for it.
Level the toon to 120.
Gear it
If on a new toon you need to get the reps to friendly, and that includes 7th Legion or Honourbound, must do all the content and quests up to that point.

To get the reward you have to do the quest, so that isnt instant either.

Oh and a world boss often doesnt drop anything, RNG being what it is, you can blow a seal and get azerite and no gear so theres that as well.

1 Like

Link/Zelda on SuperNSE is still still the best Link/Zelda Nitendo that was made, and the newest ones by far have the better graphics, yet does not make those game better in anyway shape or form.

Opinion.

2 Likes

oh changing the parameters are ye? no problem.
LFR. hehe. though not instant in the gathering process, you certainly dont have to do anything but press a button, twice. once to access the interface, and two to select the raid. dont have to ride there or walk there. dont have to collect the members of the raid, just press da button twice. takes all of 5 seconds to accomplish.

many players have no idea where the raids actually exist in the game world. hehe. what a waste of content.

5 Likes

Aehl,

yes opinion, also the same opinion of most folks who have played all the zeldas… so more of an INFORMED Opinion.

I’m with you brotha, when i got my 36.6 i thought I was a boss. Can you imagine todays gaming environment on a MUD. Ohhh boy!! Good times

1 Like

I know you guys are going back and forth a bit but I think there’s an honest difference between instant and easy. I would say while it is way easier, that doesn’t necessarily make it an instant thing. But of course that depends on the individual.

But glad you guys are keeping it civil. It’s always good to see threads like this on two opinions.

cant get much more instant than gaining potentially 110 levels in the course of a few minutes on your account page. :smiley:

4 Likes

Yup, pretty much the same story for our group too. Most all of us will be returning for Classic.

1 Like

True true, i guess the word gratification could be dissected more. Which would be a preference on a user to user case. But in terms of the mechanic i agree.

This is hilariously optimistic.

1 Like

Depends is this gonna be th3 soul of Vanilla of a godless abomination made by men.

Ah Aehl…the greatest promoter of the “Wall of No” for years is still at it. You lost, get over it.

9 Likes

yeah language is tricky like that. to do it justice, you have to extrapolate out possible variants and that’s more work than most of us want to do just in the course of small talk on a forum. now if this were an important debate, then i would don my etymology cap and the game would be on in earnest!

1 Like

Not sure what that’s supposed to mean.

While it took a bit of a grind to hit 60, it wasn’t hard, just time consuming. There will be plenty of 60’s in the first 6 months, they just won’t be putting a ton of effort into raiding.

The massive amount of low levels will be people testing the waters to be sure, along with a bunch of bank alts.

Where is the 8 million idea coming from? I really think people are overestimating how popular Classic will be. There will be a hardcore niche of players who will play it but it’s not like even the majority of players who played the game in 2006 are going to come back for it.

i don’t think its going to get 8 million, but what makes you think that the majority won’t? classic was a really good game.

1 Like

Blockquote
i don’t think its going to get 8 million, but what makes you think that the majority won’t? classic was a really good game.

Most of the people who played during vanilla are older with more responsabilities now and less time for gaming. I of course don’t have stats on the age demographics of WoW players during vanilla but I would guess strongly that the majority of the player base was 18-24 back then.

WoW is also just old hat now. It was a cultural phenomenon for the first 5-6 years of its existence and it just isn’t new to people anymore.

1 Like