8 Million Players

This repeated meme that anyone who dares argue with you is a troll…is just this side of ridiculous.

1 Like

I know there isn’t 8 million…

1 Like

And you know this…how?

1 Like

I work quite a bit and I am going to play I don’t care if I can’t play 8 houers a day I’m not in a rush to get two max lvl I want to enjoy the journey thier I want harder chalinges I want to explore dungeons like they once were
You don’t need to not work or have a family to still find a few houers hear and thier
We don’t all need to be hard core got to get two end game asap

Well i think the cat is alive.

I know more than 8 million are patiently waiting right now for their Classic Summer!

that’s not really how business works. you don’t just 2/3s the previous # and get an accurate projection lmao.

1 Like

Its possible for this mmo but with how blizzards has been idk if people tust them anymore.

Id say itll probably stabalize ~ 700,000- 1 mil

Pretty much spot on.

2 Likes

Could this be because it is the only two places you know of? This is confirmation bias as its best (Do not take this as an insult, it is something we are all falling to).

But among my friends from Vanilla, none of them are playing right now, nor visiting any forums; many are planning on coming back. Reddit, Twitch, WoWHead and many other fan sites are talking about it. There were articles in Forbes, Digital Trends, Eurogamer … This is not a small thing, and Blizzard won’t make it a small thing as soon as they announce the release date.

It has the potential to bring back millions of players, even if it is for a few months. In the end, there might be only half a million left, but there could be quite a few millions coming in; between those of us who were here and want to play again, and the many millions who started WoW after Vanilla and never got the chance to try it.

1 Like

Google mmo populations.

I’m looking forward to Classic, but lets come back to reality here. MMOs aren’t that big anymore. We just need to worry about surviving what will most likely be a terrible launch.

I’m thinking it’ll be significantly higher. Reason being, TBC & Wrath were both immensely popular expansions. Once Classic has done well for itself, there’s no reason I can think of, why Blizzard wouldn’t move forward with the other two expacs. So, I think we’ll see peoples hanging in for their favorite to hit.

I know I’m half a year late on this… but yes.
Buying retail ice cream is instant gratification.
If you want to have your own classic, and by far better tasting ice cream :ice_cream:. You’re gonna have to put in a little bit of time and effort.

nah, it wont happen

Lmao I’d be surprised if it had 500k after 6 months.

Not sure why it’s “better” ice cream, but ok.

ROFL, closer to 150k

1 Like

not in a hundred years. there has been absolutely no hint that anything more then vanilla would be remastered in the near or distant future. sorry man but classic sucked it will be popular until everyone remembers that. maybe 3 months.

Lemme just pop on my Death Knight since we’re necro-ing up in here. :dark_sunglasses: