8 Million Players

Source? Who said what.

Time will tell. The best thing Blizzard could do would be to launch Classic in 2019. The classic team should announce a commencement of work on BC servers at Blizzcon. The hype would be insane. Classic server pop would eclipse retail’s.

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Would never and should never work. First off that would mean all the TBC and WoTLK characters would have different spells and values than the players who are leveling on a vanilla server.

Also, this would mean you would have to exclude draeni and blood elves from ever being seen in groups to vanilla players so draeni and blood elves would literally be alone? And before you mention taking this a step further and doing what the caverns of time did with them, it still isn’t the same because that would still make horde have pallys, ally have shamans, also it’s just way too much of a stretch from what I would like to see out of a TBC or wrath server.

I do like the character copy option though if they made a new expac (they would almost have to do this)

Aehl,

I’m confused, why do you come to this forum? This specific one for classic discussion. Based off all your posts, you do not want classic, you have no desire to be part of the classic community. If its trolling your after, then shame on this forum’s moderators for not banning you by now.

It may have escaped you, but I , like everyone else, am free to post wherever I wish. My posts and comments have been civil in every way.

Why this specific thread? It piqued my interest.

4 Likes

anybody on tbc would have to have levelled at least one character thru classic vanilla up to tbc level (58) to unlock outlands and tbc characters, as a result they’d have at least one classic vanilla character as well. after that they could roll belves or draenei, etc, on classic tbc and play thru the tbc-vanilla areas on the tbc server. if you get what i’m saying.

in other words, you’d have classic vanilla.
then tbc would have its own vanilla + outlands. this is because tbc changes vanilla so to keep classic vanilla intact and as original as possible, classic tbc would need its own copy of vanilla with tbc changes, separate from classic vanilla.

that isn’t a joke. that is serious. retail wow is so watered down and homogenized that i don’t have much fun anymore.

1 Like

I know changes were made to classes so you didn’t need to bring “X” class to raid/dungeon or you would fail. (Bring the player not the class).

I liked that some classes were needed for certain encounters. It made your class feel somewhat unique. you can do something not every class can do.

1 Like

Haha, i love force

1 Like

hehe that was a fun watch.

This is why and the ONLY time I can understand that sharding will be a thing for the first few levels. I really look forward to a world that feels alive. No matter the number put on this topic, It will be millions. Even if it was worst case scenerio, 1 million would probably be amazing too.

A few million in the US. Not including EU.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see it rival current sub levels. What’s that like 3-4 mil.? Somewhere around there I’d guess.

BfA sold more than 3.4 million copies on launch day. I highly doubt the sub numbers are exactly the same as the expansion launch sales. It hasn’t sold that many on launch day ever, beating Cataclysm by about 100,000 to get the new record.

1 Like

Cataclysm didn’t have pre-purchase starting 6 months in advance of the release date. It also didn’t have early access to highly requested and anticipated Allied Races attached.

How many copies of BfA do you honestly think would have been purchased on launch day if players were getting the same deal as they got for a Cataclysm purchase (which was access to the expansion and nothing else)?

1 Like

Oh heck nah. The way BFA is going, brace for full impact, plus streamers and their 30k+ fans joining them as well.

I am sure more people will play classic than BFA. The reason modern wow has went down in numbers is a direct correlation to them adding more “quality of life” features like cross realm, LFR, dungeon finders, etc.
Classic wow isn’t that hard of a game anyway so I don’t think many people will be put off by the slightly more difficult leveling process.

Wake up it will not even be close. Blizzard will be lucky to survive Activision driving them into the ground.

If it was F2P maybe, but not with the sub.