8 Million Players

? why? it’s not a lfg tool. it’s a chat channel that spans all expacs on the same server name and it wouldn’t kick in till the first expac released.

Hyper,

Because its not classic, personally the only folks who you should be able to “chat” with at any time is the folks on your server in your faction. So again i’ll say it but for you i’ll say it a bit more gently. No

oh it would be the same people you leveled with in classic, on your faction. maybe make the looking for more chat channel have the option to include/not include expacs. didnt vanilla have looking for more channel? thats the point of having it be same server name and only being able to copy your char over to the new expac of same server name. these would be your friends and guildies and so forth, playing in expac zones, being made aware that you need more players for some vanilla content, etc. that way everything stays relevant.

was not in vanilla wont be in classic nor should it, this is not an insta grat game… my god why wont you all get that through your head, if you want to “play classic” then you will play it. Not “level up” and go off to insta grat retail and wait for someone to LFD you in a chat channel… if you want that then give them your phone number and let them call you.

Chat should be restricted to individual servers.

1 Like

i guess you dont understand what i mean.
lets say classic tbc is released and half your guild copies their level approriate characters over to tbc. but now they dont know when people in classic have content requirements, so fewer raids / groups can be formed to do classic content. it’s not a qol, it’s a "keep vanilla relevant once tbc spawns and keep vanilla and tbc relevant once wotlk spawns. "

see what i mean?

1 Like

I mean BNet chat has not been restricted, not that we’ve heard of. The only restriction to BNet chat imo should be Cross Faction Communication while logged into Classic servers.

your guild may not be the only people doing older content that you wouldnt mind grouping with or raiding with. say you have finally geared up your tank for vanilla naxx but so many people are on the new classic tbc, that you cant do the vanilla naxx raid. each new expac divides how many people are available for older content.

guess i’m thinking too far ahead.

yes i do, again, i’ll say it, oh well your on TBC enjoy the game… if you want to play classic then you go back to classic and you know play the game and join groups then… If your looking for private invites, when your playing TBC from Classic guildies, then you know, you either give someone your phone number to you know like you know call you if they need x class for their raid… you shouldn’t be able to hear from them on the classic server while your on a TBC server. What concept of that don’t you understand?

i understand what you mean, i just think if the game produces enough interest and profit to result in classic tbc and classic wotlk, that vanilla will suffer when tbc is released and tbc and vanilla will suffer when wotlk is released. i’m not thinking of it as a qol but a survival for older content issue. if you dont think the lack of 40 players for older raids is gonna be an issue when the population starts dividing into expacs, you’re not thinking it thru. i dont see it as a convenience but rather, lets not break the game. hehe

Not necessarily, Remember there have been classic private servers that have been consistently played for years and years. Classic won’t suffer there will be folks myself included that will be playing it for years… I’ll also play TBC if they ever come out with those servers in the future and Wotlk, but i’ll always have classic as my main.

did those private servers have tbc and wotlk as well? i mean you could be right. but from this vantage point (which clearly is very premature since we dont even have vanilla yet) it seems kinda self defeating. for example:

you’re questing in nagrand on your awesome tank, doing one of nesingwary’s quest chains. meanwhile, back on vanilla, someone is looking for a player to tank content that your vanilla incarnation needs! you wont know, they will continue to be short a tank that was, pre-tbc, available to do it (and is still available to do it but has no idea he is needed). take out sword, stab self in foot, resheath sword. hehe

The 3 most popular pservers are vanilla, tbc and wotlk.
Those are the ones most people want to play.

For me…a wotlk server is where I’d park myself and call home.

all at the same time on the same pserver? all three games?

1 Like

Classic is loved too greatly because it does not have the systems that were implemented from BC going forward. Many like the game in that state for lacking those systems. Classic servers will always be populated for that reason.

What was my joke ?

But if Blizzard screws up with their version of classic then pservers will end up being more populated than official servers.

1 Like

I think it’s true for millions of players that risking a loss of so much time investment is not worth playing on private servers.

1 Like

We’re lucky if we hit 1 million classic players :stuck_out_tongue:

never gonna happen, Heck, some of the “classic streamers” are back peddling on what they are saying about classic. Just funny imo.

1 Like