8 hour maintenance thread chill and talk

1 Like

I love this so much, i don’t remember where the tv series is from but i remember that clip. We need more of this on youtube and blizzard needs to sponsor it Lol.

1 Like

I doubt they would overlap the hearthstone event and 10.2.6. The HS event ends what, 3/18? So maybe Tues the 19th for 10.2.6?

possibly, just saw someone mention on WoW Reddit: “What if they drop player housing during the mystery patch”. God i would be browsing youtube and every wow related site for reactions while going into retail with renewed and fevered hype that i haven’t seen since Mists of Pandaria.

Yes, but whatever is in it probably won’t be available until next week. We are getting Season 4 information this week, and Season 4 is after 10.2.6 but before 10.2.7 according to the World of Warcraft 2024 Roadmap so it would make the most sense to have the patch on the live servers - even if inactive - before revealing more details about Season 4. That may make it susceptible to data-mining, but that’s just unlucky with the lineup of events.

But I am skeptical because Blizzard only said today’s maintenance was for infrastructure AFTER the disastrous and buggy mess that is Hearthstone’s 10th Anniversary event and not nearly four days earlier when the extended maintenance was first announced.

1 Like

I think it’s probably something like bringing Blizzard server infrastructure into the Microsoft fold, or maybe it’s laying the ground work for a future patch feature like warbands? Or whatever 10.2.6 is?

Did they elaborate on what server framework upgrades means? Is it just boring ho hum maintenance they need to do periodically or is this an upgrade for a particular purpose?

Blizzard

View Original

In our Americas, EU, and Asia regions this week, we’ve planned for an estimated 8 hours of downtime to do some critical server infrastructure improvements to our Network File System (NFS).

At this time, the 8 hour window is just an estimate, and we can’t determine in advance how much time it’s going to take with much certainty. While we hope that NFS updates won’t take the full 8 hours, we have to allow for the scenario where the update processes take much longer than expected.

We’ll let you know during maintenance tomorrow if it looks like it’s going to go long.

I still think we’re getting the mystery patch today, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked to be wrong.

I’m still enjoying Dragonflight (I’m pushing a little hard on my current renown project and may need to step back a little to do some other stuff to avoid burning out, especially with other distractions popping up)

WW is still a mystery box to me. I have a few speculative ideas in my head about how the game might evolve next (and fears about how my playstyle might be disrupted) but I’m trying to just keep all that in a box on the shelf until we get actual information.

I expect it to take some time for Microsoft’s influence to trickle down. I can’t say that I ever had any positive experiences as an employee or customer from big corporate restructurings, so I’ve been keeping an eye on the rest of the game industry and my options in case the game or business model suddenly changes in a direction I don’t feel comfortable following. I think I’m in a spot where, if some worst case scenario happens, I can walk away if I need to without too much of a meltdown.

Trying to find ways to be helpful to our community here … not always succeeding.

So could this be related to syncing up with Microsoft? Getting all of Blizzards stuff on to the Microsoft cloud? This isn’t my area of expertise.

me neither, i barely have any knowledge in the networking field outside of web design and basic programming.

My knowledge is all 20 years out of date (and was never that deep to begin with). I can’t say I ever had a lot of fun trying to troubleshoot cloud issues (“why is this script failing? It isn’t doing anything complicated, just copying files across an NFS mount … if I run the commands by hand it works … if I run them packaged as a shell script, they fail … how is that even possible!!!”)

My best guess is that the unannounced thing is that we start getting to hear Azeroth call out to us as we are playing. Just like in the cinematic where Anduin and thrall can hear her.

I’m not betting on anything too crazy coming. But definitely something to get hype going.

I give up on crafting and swtich to gathering on all my toons but man is still bad so I given up on it.

1 Like

All I know is Im ready for S4 and fated raids again, going to be nice switching the raid every week again

I don’t think they will. But I also don’t think it’s far off - likely next week.

Dragonflight I’m loving.

Shadowlands I started in Korthia patch so I kinda missed the ‘starting hype’ and pre patch events. I’m excited to have been a part of Dragonflight from the pre-patch to where we are now.

Game feels like it’s become very convenient since we can upgrade gear and build different embellishments. I think I’ve made my TWW roster, DK main with fun Monk and Shaman on the side.

Overall feeling about the expansion in general; I felt a greater sense of belonging when I had a covenant of my own. While I enjoy DF, I feel less like I’m working on the ‘world’ in comparison. Instead I get my kicks from helping new guildies and doing old expansion content at the moment.

Personally avoiding commenting on the MS situation until I see a decision that seems ‘very them’.

1 Like

do you have a source for fated confirmation. I’m stoked

They will never drop player housing. Garrisons were the closest they were willing to try and that failed.

Calling it now.

Clippy will follow us around to chat

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

and now we are back to the grind, but let us remember the good times we had here today

Kings Honor,
Friend

1 Like