8 day Suspension for sitting in Drek's Room

That’s a min maxing you problem. All PVE content can be done without ever stepping foot in a single BG.

1 Like

I was kind of with you enough that I didn’t respond to the OP as I’ve heard of some weird stuff with suspensions, then I saw this:

So I don’t know anymore, if you did that any time within the last month or so maybe it wasn’t your cyclone defense.

I’ve done the defend thing, recapping towers when the defender is sitting there AFK is pretty fun. I’m often worried about my account getting suspended even though I always play hard all the time. So if that did happen to you that sucks.

The problem is that people being suspended from just BGs/PVP won’t deter them, as they don’t want to be there anyway. Having to explain to the guild that they can’t show for the raid is much more likely to.

The deserter debuff was not working and was not enough. I’m glad they are suspending more often, things were VERY bad in BGs at TBCC prepatch for example and that really wrecked the game for those who wanted to play, it’s bad enough now but it was worse. People do quit the game but I’d rather an AFKer quit than a guy who wants to do well and quits the game because the BGs suck due to many others AFKing and not trying, and yes defending is trying don’t get me wrong there.

I just had an AB game where I capped farm because both Horde there were AFK. :rofl:

2 Likes

Meow kitty

1 Like

You keep saying this over and over again. You clearly were afk in the BGs and have no intention of actually participating in them. You also keep acting as if it was ONE BG that got you banned, even if it’s an automated system, it’s still going to look at you over multiple matches. Clearly, you are a repeat offender of the very thing you are admitting you do.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as “mass reporting auto bans.” It doesn’t happen, that’s NOT how Blizzard operates.

So you admitted to being AFK, but somehow, this suspension isn’t a result of you being AFK in BGs?

You do realize that suspensions can be applied days, weeks, even months after the incident that triggered them, right?

I think the important discussion to have is that players don’t know how much AFK activity they can participate in before getting a hefty ban and honor wipe, and obviously we shouldn’t know that because then players would play around that. I agree that anyone actively, intentionally, and especially primarily AFK honor farming gets what they deserve. The OP admitted to participating in AFK in BGs, but not the frequency. Just saying you got what you deserved without fully understanding how often they were actually AFK honor farming is short sighted.

Outside of that the area becomes far more grey and difficult to gauge. If a player participates in 9 out of 10 BGs, but AFKs on the 10th one does he deserve an honor wipe? What about 8 out of 10? 7 out of 10? I would assume everyone here has had non-participation matches for one reason or another, and you could also be falsely flagged for that even if you’re trying to participate in some way (like defending a base).

And I’d be more inclined to just give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt, but there’s that thread where Vrakthris discusses that if you do something the team doesn’t agree with that can count against you or just because you participated in 3 BGs doesn’t mean the 4th doesn’t count against you, and to a certain extent I get that logic, but it seems to really open up a can of worms for how much micromanaging Blizzard wants to do on player’s playstyle for any given BG.

Obviously I don’t know the ratio of participating to not participating people are having in BGs, but it doesn’t really seem to be very forgiving to the playerbase and the idea that AFK sometimes = temporary ban with a full honor wipe seems extremely disproportionate to the crime. Not to mention I’ve heard tales of people buying gold, getting banned, but keeping it anyways. I don’t really keep up with GDKPs, but (not shockingly) everyone talks about how all the buyers are people who buy gold.

Denial.

Blizzard can say the earth is flat and you’d except it. But we’ve seen it done many times IN REAL TIME.

Like I said, denial.

See blue post quote.

No. I’d go to a scientist for that. I go to Blizzard for Blizzard related things, such as how their reporting system works. I don’t go to third parties who have never worked at Blizzard.

No, we haven’t.

People can say anything. But when you actually see the opposite happen then what someone says doesn’t matter. Facts are facts.

YOU haven’t because you refuse to watch any vids showing it happen.

Blizzard is a corporation… not “people”. They legally CAN NOT say anything.

You’ve never seen someone mass reported and banned via automation. It has never happened because the systems don’t work like that.

All you’ve seen are forum posts of people saying it happened. Which, to borrow a quote from yourself:

You haven’t watched your own videos if you think that’s what happened.

They can lie to your face and take your money - as corporations often do. Bringing “legal” into it is just stupid. It’s not like anyone at Blizzard would get prison time for lying about automated bans, even if they were sued over it.

No. I’ve seen video evidence. You haven’t, of course, because you’re all like OMG YOUTUBE CLICKBAIT!

Now you’re just being ridiculous.

You’ve seen Tipsout talk about a system that doesn’t exist for 10 minutes. You’ve seen Asmongold get automatically squelched and then banned for abusing the reporting feature.

You haven’t seen anyone get an automated ban via mass reports. I think you just misunderstand how Blizzards reporting systems work.

You are free to believe whatever you want. I don’t see why you would think all of these support managers, MVPs, and Community Council members are all lying. They’re not the one that can make Youtube videos for profit.

As a comparison, the difference here is that I’m using academic sources from people who are extensively well-versed in Blizzard’s report and penalty systems. You’re using whatever you find on google.

4 Likes

Newsflash, it is real. Ask anyone from Sulfuras.

Savix - auto banned in an rbg by being mass reported.

If you’re muted in classic you can no longer join dungeon groups. Here’s several examples of auto bans due to mass reporting:

I tend to believe my own eyes and ears. Keep believing what people say, regardless of evidence to the contrary. Keep on being willfully ignorant.

1 Like

Yep. Happens to me as well but on horde. If you get backcapped on a tower and rez in the cave theres no getting back north and your constantly getting ganked and spawning in the cave. Im legit terrified to get flagged for this from people just reporting me for no reason. Feels bad. Anxiety at an all time high while playing battlegrounds is healthy though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The fact that you keep linking this video proves to me that you don’t actually watch the videos you’re linking and that you have a gross misunderstanding of how the report systems work in WoW.

No one is being auto banned in Tips’ video. He’s just talking about a system he knows very little about for 12 minutes.

How do you know Savix was banned due to mass reporting? Because he said he was? Whatever happened to this:

The truth is, NONE OF US know why Savix was banned except for Savix. He can say ANYTHING.

The 2nd video I’m going to assume you also didn’t watch because it has ONE clip of Joker saying “They mass reported Unbind and banned him.”

Which once again, how would Joker know that? Because Unbind went offline?

You seem to be conflating the auto squelch system with an auto ban system. These two are NOT the same.

Except you’ve never actually seen anyone autobanned. You are just believing streamers over Blizzard.

I find it amusing that people swear this auto ban feature exists, yet bots have run rampant is Classic for years now. Why don’t they get autobanned from mass reports?

The mental gymnastics needed to rationalize this auto ban urban legend is astounding. This is equivalent to “finding footage” on Youtube of the earth being flat because an influencer said it and believing that as fact over the numerous of Scientists that say it isn’t flat.

1 Like

This situation was debunked if you actually read through the thread you linked instead of just the original post.

Both sides were abusing the report feature and that’s the ONLY reason people were banned.

I was told I was reported for afk for doing my insignia quest today in AV. If I get banned ima just unsub

1 Like

Yep, if you do that quest on an alt your guaranteed some false reports from being down south. Its dumb. I skipped it on multiple toons because I was afraid to get suspended. Already for an 8day and was terrified to do anything but stay with the herd on offense…

1 Like