8.3 PTR Datamining SPOILERS

I’m guessing Calia is talking pre-scrouge and pre-scarlet crusade. You have to remember that the scarlets were driven to zealotry by dreadlords. To the point that anyone who wasn’t one of them was seen as an enemy, regardless if they were undead or living. Who knows what Lillians dad was like prior to the scourge.

4 Likes

This honestly is an extreme turn off for me.

i have played forsaken for 10+ years because i love the gothic aesthetic and the thinly-veiled evil and pragmatism

and now our new racial leader is the queen of lawful good

can’t wait for tirisfal to look like elywnn lmao i’m so disgusted

20 Likes

all I can say is…
Mists of Pandaria: revenge of the old gods. gold edition.

15 Likes

What freaks me out even more is rather than Blizz trying to get them away from Cult of Personalities, they seem to just be replacing a Dark Lady to worship … with a Light One (and neither of them are conceptually good representatives of the Forsaken people). What the hell is wrong with Blizzard that they would have Voss go full cultist over a Menethil that came out of nowhere (and knows absolutely NOTHING about the suffering of the Forsaken)?

15 Likes

She is the rightful queen, even more so now they she is dead

1 Like

Hm. So the Forsaken will be led by Calia.

That’ll go over well. Guess that shotguns the dream of Alliance light undead.

https://youtu.be/zNSRPfMrzc8?t=9

4 Likes

1.) Taunting us about replacing Gallywix with Gazlowe is just plain mean.
2.) Them making Calia the leader of the Forsaken is just jarring on so many levels.
3.) Blizzard must share their drugs with us.

18 Likes

Well indead get calia that is a punishment so sever i think night elves have gotten vengence

22 Likes

Disappointingly, Tess does not become a worgen. Apparently Goldrinn convinces her not to.

She really should’ve, IMO. It would’ve made for a better story.

2 Likes

Jorundall Salvage
“Salvaged goods from the northern island inhabited by Vrykul, Vargul Taunka and the elusive Storm Dragons.”

Don’t toy with me Blizzard, that storm drake mount has taunted me for months and I don’t know if I can trust you with reward systems anymore.

1 Like

I don’t understand the appeal of Calia. She can’t use being undead to relate to her people because her condition is nowhere near the Forsaken. It’s like they took the curse part out of the curse of undeath.

13 Likes

I guess that means Genn will be sticking around a while longer.

2 Likes

The problem with clicking WoWhead links is that I can’t stop myself from reading the top few comments and… god, these people are stupid.

No, Vulpera aren’t going to get Demon Hunters.

18 Likes

So it seems Rokhan is going to be confirmed as Chieftain of the Darkspear and serve as the Darkspear Representative on the Horde Council.

Rokhan: Since da death of Vol’jin, da Darkspear been lookin’ ta me ta guide dem.
Rokhan: I been fightin’ for dem a long, long time… but dat don’t mean I deserve ta be deir chieftain.
Baine: I felt much the same when my father died. It happened suddenly, and I feared that I was unprepared to take his place.
Baine: But I was ready, just as you are. You proved that in Zuldazar and at Stromgarde. The Darkspear have faith in you, and so do I.
Rokhan: Heh. Ya best be stoppin’ da flattery, Baine, before it be goin’ ta me head.
Rokhan: But… da Darkspear do be needin’ a leader. A voice on da council. And if it gotta be me… den it be me.
Baine: Trust your judgment, Rokhan. It has led you this far.
Rokhan: It be havin’ a lotta help. From da Darkspear, from da loa… and from da Horde.

3 Likes

Ya got there before me.

4 Likes

Well not really. I don’t think Tess being a worgen is actually a requirement to be the worgen racial leader. She’ll still inherent the throne of Gilneas with or without being a worgen.

1 Like

It’s not a requirement, no, but I don’t think Blizz will make the worgen racial leader be a non-worgen.

So were helping Wrathion prevent prevent the resurrection of Onyxia and Nefarian.

Blackwing Descent

• 01: Unwelcome Guests (New) - Gain access to the Vault of the Shadowflame.
  • 02: Curious Magic (New) - Investigate the magical barrier in the Vault of the Shadowflame.
  • 03: Experimental Setback (New) - Investigate and destroy the experiments in Fleshrender’s Workshop and Den of the Devourer.
  • 04: Concentration is Key (New) - Protect Wrathion while he dispels the barrier.
  • 05: The Athenaeum (New) - Investigate the Athenaeum.
  • 06: Shrouded in Mystery (New) - Confront the mysterious figure in the Athenaeum.
  • 07: Experimental Destruction (New) - Destroy the experiments in the Athenaeum.
  • 08: Free From Darkness (New) - Rescue Wrathion.
  • 09: Ritual of Flame (New) - Speak with Wrathion to begin the ritual.
  • 10: Preventative Measures (New) - Destroy the remains of Onyxia and Nefarian.
  • 11: The Essence of Corruption (New) - Retrieve the Corrupt Dragon Scale.