8.2 Crashed Mac - Required Hard Reboot

I have been playing 8.2 for less than half an hour and my Mac crashed twice and required a hard reboot. Force quitting key commands wouldn’t work. Force logging off wouldn’t work… just went dead.

The first time was in Boralus. Screen went gray, reset graphics, moved 2 steps and whole thing froze. Second was in new zone in Nazjir. Went into cave after first 3 quests and froze before I could see what was in the cave.
27" late 2013 iMac
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4 GB
24 GB RAM
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Hey, Paulownia! It sounds like the freezing might be related to the keyboard not responding issue here. It seems like its with specific addons. It may not be the keyboard issue, but let us know if the problem continues!

As for the Gray screen issue, this is a bug with some MacOS systems that our team is looking into. Waiting a bit or relaunching the client should work around it in the mean time.

I will give it a try, but the mouse wasn’t responding either.

Thanks for the quick follow up! I’m not certain if the keyboard issue, may also cause the mouse not responding, but its worth a try.

If it is persisting past the addons/reset user interface, I suspect that its a full system freeze which is usually related to hardware compatibility issues. Try running an apple hardware test in case somethings causing stress to certain hardware components, and contacting our Technical Support with System Reports so that we can check out the Mac Logs and its correlation with World of WarCraft for more information :slight_smile: