8.2.5 Discussions (Spoilers Ahoy!)

Warfront are good imo if not only for the updates to the zones they bring and heroic stormgard is really fun imo

But yoga is good. :frowning:

1 Like

OH HERE WE GO

(jk you know I luv u)

No you don’t only my yoga mat truly cares.

1 Like

The concept of a Warfront is good, the execution was bad, however. If Warfronts got rebranded as a fully PvE scenario, however, they could be quite an interesting little dealio for players to chase, especially if gear, transmog, pets, mounts and titles are up for grabs.

Imagine if we tied this to the Bronze Dragonflight? Be part of the Forest Troll raid on Stormwind before the Orc Wars? The Battle of Blackrock Mountain where the First Horde was defeated and shattered? The Night Elves final sacking of the Twin empires?

Alternatively, if we do end up in ‘peace’ after B4A, it could be a ‘mercenary’ mode where you’re hired on by third parties or die-hards to assault Horde, Alliance or Neutral outposts. Depending upon how the faction situation plays out, this could be a very interesting scenario to explore, with the pro-peace players on one side of the Warfront and the pro-war players of one of the factions on the other.

Laying siege to Moonglade as Sylvanas Loyalists who refuse to accept the war, and their Queen’s rule, is over.

Kul’tiran ‘privateers’ who will not stop until all of Daelin Proudmoore’s murderers are dead, regardless of what the ‘Daughter of the Sea’ says, assaulting Ratchet.

Twilight Hammer Cultists launching a suicide-attack on the lair of the grieving Alexstrasza and the last remaining Dragonsworn of the Red Flight and her last loyal Drakes desperately defending amidst the ruins of the Wyrmrest Accord Tower.

The story behind the Warfronts system wasn’t executed properly, but from a mechanics point of view, it worked great. Rebrand it and put it back on the shelves as non-progression content and I think it would do well.

4 Likes

I’m really unhappy with the state of the updated goblin models. I hope more updates are coming, but I’m kind of doubtful.

The original goblin models, dated though they may be, clearly had a lot of love put into them. The same can’t be said for the updates.

What is it you don’t like about them, out of interest? They look pretty good to me, admittedly as someone who doesn’t play a goblin.

The lips are the biggest sin. They look like botox.

For Kass specifically, the face I have on Kass has a resting smile, the updated version of it takes the corners of the mouth and flips them upside down into a scowl. Most of the goblin faces were resting smiles, most of the new ones are resting scowls… which, honestly, doesn’t suit a race of crazy, easily-excitable people at all.
Female Goblins used to have some of the most diverse faces, the new ones are all very same-face.

Plus there’s the changing eye colors for both genders.

There’s some other concerns that might change, but I’m doubtful of.
Like how we don’t seem to be getting any new hair styles, when every race received numerous new hairstyles with their updates in WoD, or how males still only have 5 faces.

There’s also the matter of getting only a texture update for our underwear. You may not remember it, but with the model updates, every race got thematically-appropriate new underwear designs. The goblin underwear is identical, just with slightly better textures. And this is a race where it would be completely in character to have ridiculous pineapple print designs.

If they ship as is, Goblins will objectively have had a lot less work done on them than the other races did in WoD.

You know, it’s funny. My immediate reaction to them was extremely negative, while most others were like “this is fine”. But when I started talking to other goblin mains, I found my sentiments were far from alone.

If you go through the spoilers channels of goblin community Discord servers on August 1st, you will find a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth. Hahaha.

How WoW remains one of the only MMOs on the market with non-customizable eye colors is beyond me.

2 Likes

The biggest thing I noticed is they got rid of eyebrows???

I had noticed when it was first announced some faces lacked eyebrows and I was wondering if Blizz was making that a toggable feature which to me is peak goblin to draw on your eyebrows and change it based on your mood or style for the day.

Yet it seems they got rid of eyebrows all together for female goblins making a lot of the faces look the same?? Comparing against the old faces, those too were all pretty similar but the eyebrows were a strong defining feature that would help set apart the different faces.

My goblin’s red eyes are gonna turn purple, this is unacceptable

The eyebrows are a Wowhead model viewer bug. Female goblins have them in-game.

i was really excited for an azuremyst warfront : (

1 Like

What do you guys think of the new stuff posted on MMO Champion?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2506163-Speculation-Bizzare-quot-Leak-quot-reveals-screenshot-of-an-upcoming-Cinematic

1 Like

I was really interested until Sylvanas pulled a Kerrigan.

No.

Just no.

Have her remain the series Starscream, the titular crotch-weasel she’s always been, and have Helya screw her over after delivering all of the souls required for their pact but still failing to deliver the Val’kyr Queen as agreed upon.

The rest of it I am kinda cool with. Especially if our pulling all the leaders and ourselves back to the land of the living weakens the barrier between Life and Death enough for the Shadowlands to start leaking into the real world, and the people of faith start freaking out because there was no Elune/Earth Mother/Ancestor Spirits waiting to take them away, it was just a dark, distorted version of the realm world filled with horrors and the ghosts of the enemies that slew them in life.

2 Likes
4 Likes

The best part is you know Ion and Danuser and Afrasiabi and Co. are not listening to any feedback. It makes absolutely no difference how loudly anybody warns the devs that this is a terrible idea.

No negativity in the dojo.

6 Likes
2 Likes

To be entirely frank, I have no idea what I even want to come out of this story in the end anymore. They basically butchered Sylvanas’ character beyond recognition and mangled all the others to achieve whatever end goal they have in mind- be it this or something else.

Do any of you think there’s a better way to conclude this story or do you think it’s a lost cause?

I for one am hoping they move on next expansion and we never have to look back on this story again. I don’t care how they end it, I just don’t want it to have much impact on the story moving forward because it has really disappointed me on many levels. This ending does the exact opposite and I’m praying that it’s not real because of this fact alone.

4 Likes