8.1 Rogue Changes (Official)

Per the official patchnotes posted on Wowhead.

Azerite Traits

• Blade in the Shadows now reduces the cost of Shadowstrike by 2 Energy as a non-stacking bonus. Damage bonus reduced by 40%

• Echoing Blades (replaces Fan of Blades) - Fan of Knives damage is increased by 321. For each of the first 5 critical strikes, it will fire a second spray of knives at that location, dealing 1282 damage to enemies within 8 yards.

• Keep Your Wits About You (replaces Storm of Steel) - Each time an attack Blade Flurries, increase the chance for Sinister Strike to strike again by 2%. Additional strikes of Sinister Strike deal 1844 more damage.

• New: Lying in Wait - While no enemy is within 12 yards, heal for 689 every second. While any enemy is within 12 yards, gain 173 Speed

• Nothing Personal (replaces Poisoned Wire) -Vendetta poisons the target, dealing 11049 damage over 20 seconds, and grants you 40 energy over 20 seconds.

• Perforate now reduces the cooldown of Shadow Blades by 0.5 seconds when Backstabbing an enemy from behind.

• Replicating Shadows (replaces Sharpened Blade) - Each combo point spent has an 2% chance to cause your Nightblade to deal 5843 Shadow damage and spread to a nearby enemy.

• The First Dance redesigned. Activating Shadow Dance now grants you Combo Points and increases your Haste for its duration.

Subtlety

• Shuriken Combo (baseline passive) removed.

• Shuriken Storm damage increased by 35%.

PVP
Assassination

• Shiv now costs 35 Energy, and now applies Deadly, Wound, and Crippling Poison to the target.

What sucks is it costs 35 energy for Outlaw and Subtlety, too. But, doesn’t not apply poisons. D:

1 Like

Yeah. I think they are committed to Sin only having poisons. What’s interesting is that the patchnotes made no mention of removing or changing Deadly Brew. So I’m not sure if shiv is even worth taking yet.

Pretty happy about ‘echoing blades’, I already find myself doing really good sustained aoe damage with the energy refresh on death that rupture gives. I can pretty much just spam fan of knives indefinitely.

So are they leaving phantom assassin now?

1 Like

Deadly Brew is removed. It’s in the patch notes. Scroll down to the PvP section.

I saw that this morning. That definitely wasn’t there yesterday during the initial upload because I copied and pasted the text direction from the patch notes (the one that WoWhead posted). They must’ve updated it.

Did the Snake Eyes nerf take place already?

Sub Rogue had Phantom Assassin removed as a PvP talent. Might want to add that s&*& storm of a change.

I can only guess the Phantom Assassin removal was a side effect of Deadly Brew, may have been a shared line that they removed. Wondering if Outlaw lost a talent as well?

The cut the damage in half on snake eyes but now you get 10 stacks instead of 5. With 3 snake eye traits I’m critting for around 10k with sinister strike. Still pretty viable IMO.

Questions:

1. does this apply to pvp?
  2. is the dmg done (1282 above) dependent on your weapon + gear?
  3. if i have two pieces of azerite gear w/ Echoing Blades, does the effect stack?

1: Yes it applies to pvp
2: The 1282 I believe is baseline. It scales with your gear.
3: They do stack, but each stack provides less benefit.

It also got hit by a pretty big nerf already. But it’s still very powerful for aoe.