8.1 Reputation Changes Clarification PLEASE

I’m looking for some clarification on how the reputation across your account is being tallied.

Before the patch I had 93/100 reputations at exalted. All on my main toon. I was missing Ogri’la, PvP Classic forces, Ravenholdt, Bloodsail Buccaneers, and Talon’s Vengeance.

After the patch I have 95/100.

I know that exalted reputations from all of your toons are now supposed to count toward the various reputation achievements (if they aren’t already being counted). At least, that was my understanding before the patch.

The problem is: I don’t have any reputations at exalted on other toons, that I don’t already have on my main. Except ones that I would have thought would be exclusive like Horde/Alliance reputations. For example, I have Alliance Vanguard exalted on my priest, and Horde Expedition on my main. I wouldn’t expect both of those to count…

I did, however, notice that the achievement for 100 reputations now has specific examples of exclusive reputations attached to it’s description:

Silvermoon/Exodar
Gilneas/Bilgewater
Hozen/Jinyu
Valiance/Warsong
Dragonmaw/Wildhammer

So, my questions are:

1. Are those the only exclusive factions?
  2. Are other factions that appeared before to be exclusive, not actually exclusive?
  3. How are we supposed to know which reputations are being counted toward the achievement?

I don’t want to waste time getting a reputation that’s already being counted from another toon. I’d like to know if anyone knows the rules on this, because they aren’t really clear…

I think all mutually exclusive factions should only count once:
Stormwind / Orgrimmar (any City Reputations)
Oracles / Frenzyheart
Aldor / Scryer
There may be more.

You only listed 7 potential missing reputations but (unless you were exalted with Shendra’lar or Zandalari Tribe) it was possible to have 101 exalted reps with BfA - so there’s an eighth potential rep you were missing (and perhaps Shendra’lar and Zandalari Tribe).

Unfortunately, I don’t know of a tracker for the achievement. Thankfully, I earned all the reputations on my main and didn’t have to worry about it. This question has come up quite frequently since the patch.

2 Likes

well, wintersaber trainers is probably one (you have the mount, so you have a toon with the rep). I would have guessed tranquillien but you have that explicitly. Maybe an alt has Voljin’s Spear or Wrynn’s Vanguard? (slim chance, since that was WoD PVP, but I dunno)

These give me heartburn. They should be 4 separate reps since they are their own thing that doesn’t transfer to something else if you faction change.

4 Likes

I definitely don’t have either Shendra’lar or the Zandalari Tribe at exalted on any of my toons, and the other (8th) potential rep missing is the Ashran rep, which is also unavailable at the moment, and also something I don’t have on any other toons.

Wintersabers trainers is Alliance only, I did do that reputation on this toon, but when I switched to Horde it switched the cat mount to the raptor, and removed the Wintersaber rep in exchange for Tranquillien(?). I don’t have any toons that are currently exalted with Wintersabers. I wouldn’t think it would count toward the achievement… :confused:

Since Aldor/Scryer and Frenzyheart/Oracle is only counted as two, I would think you’re right that Wintersaber does not count separately from Tranquillien.

I wonder if these might actually not be exclusive, I think they were previously considered so, but only because you couldn’t have them on the same toon at the same time…since that’s no longer an issue, and they aren’t faction based reps, Idk. Either way I don’t have both at exalted, but I think I’m going to test this and see.

I’m starting to wonder too because things don’t add up for me. My main toon, Tovi-Medivh, has 97 reputations listed under the achievement. I went to the comments here to check what I had:

Alliance only - Possible 31, I have 28. Missing WSG, Arathi and The Silver Covenant (faction change; currently sitting at revered.)

Neutral - Possible 68, I have 63. Missing Bloodsail Bucs, both centaur clans (didn’t know about them until recently), Ravenholdt and Talon’s Vengeance.

Where they have “OPPOSING, MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE” I’m:
Tovi-Medivh : Exalted Frenzyheart & Scryers
This Tovi: Exalted Oracles & Scryers
Priest alt: Exalted Aldor
This should count for 2 according to Wowhead.

Not obtainable I have 1: Zandalar Tribe

I’m not a smart person but 28 + 63 + 2 + 1 = 94. Now, this Tovi is exalted with The Sunreavers (canceling out Silver Covenant) so that brings the total up to 95. Where are the other 2 coming from? My guess is the Oracles and Aldor.

And no I don’t have some random alt that’s exalted with my missing reps. I spread achievements out between my alts but my reputation grind has always been with Tovi-Medivh first.

Maybe our 2’s are the same two…

And same, since reputation only mattered on one toon I never bothered working for exalted on anything else. A few happen anyway, like the cities, but nothing that would count for two extra reps.

This mystery continues…

Yeah it has to be those two since Aldor, Oracles and The Silver Covenant/Sunreavers are the only reps my alts have and my main doesn’t.

I guess it’s possible they’re counting friendships or Brawler ranks by mistake.

I wouldn’t want to correct that mistake if they’re making it, lol.

Lol me either. I’m going to bang out those two centaur reps, try to find a Bloodsail group on an alt (don’t feel like destroying my goblin reps atm) and collect my mount :sunglasses:

1 Like

Confirmed Aldor / Scryer is exclusive even on different toons. Still at 95. :confused: