8.1 Feral combo points bug

After the 8.1 patch, Ferals skills sometimes cannot generate combo points. It happens very often. When I test on dummy, it happens 3-4 times in 3 minutes.

And, after this bug happened, I cannot switch to other druid forms. For example, if I try to switch to travel form, it will stay in feral form but the travel speed is the travel speed.

Please fix it.

3 Likes

I have had the same issues with my rogue. My combo points do not show up until i leave combat. Also, when I enter stealth, my stealth bar does not show up some times. I have tried running without any addons as well as reinstalling.

1 Like

I have encountered something similar to this on my Paladins, with Holy Power generation, I can use the abilities that generate it but not any of the spenders until after I kill the target, at which point I am showing full holy power, restarting my computer, doing a Full ui reset and scan and repair are not fixing it. I do not have addons on my account either. very frustrating.

1 Like

yeah this is happening to rogues too and you never know when its gonna happen, its horrendous tbh.

I’m having the same issue on my rogue. I can’t generate or use them, so it’s not “just a UI bug”. It’s extremely frustrating, and makes leveling a PITA. Mount actions are also not working, any stance changes don’t seem to affect what abilities I can use (my stealth bar shows up, but my “from stealth” abilities cannot be used).

After some testing it seems the problem gets “reset” when a mob dies. So, for example, if I mutilate and enemy to death, when it dies I gain 5 combo points. If I don’t get credit for a quest, the next mob I kill (related to the quest or not) causes it to “go through”. Seems like a race condition or some async monkey business between the client and the server.

It also seems zone specific. Changing zones causes the problem to go away for a while.

I this this happens for all point generating classes. This has happened to my rogue, druid and monk. They’ll all of the sudden stop generating points until the game is restarted.

As for the druid thing, i can confirm that some really odd interactions are happening at random. For example, after killing a WQ mob near an azerite node, the ones that give Champions rep, my druid will get stuck in bear form, even if i mount up or try to shapeshift into other forms. Also, when this happens, if i take flightpaths, my druid will travel to it’s destination in a “swimming” animation until i restart the game.

Having this same issue on my Ret Paladin.

I’m REALLY trying to give this expansion a chance (received it as a Christmas present), but holy God, the amount of bugs I’ve run into from just LEVELING is insane:

• Mount not showing up, so I run like an idiot and can’t interact with items (receive a “you’re mounted” error)
  • Quest counters not tracking progress
  • Trying to click “complete quest” and wait and wait and wait (I eventually have to re-launch the game)
  • Unable to vendor items (just times out, forcing me to either reload or re-launch the game).

This is without a doubt, the worst start to any expansion and I don’t know how people are sticking with it if I’m this pissed off just trying to reach max level…

I ran into this myself quite a few times while leveling 100 to 120 as feral.
It feels like it might be some kind of race condition in Rake’s code, as I think it is being triggered during Rake usage. I also have issues putting Rake up on new targets occasionally. Once I’ve tagged the target it’s not an issue, but if I open on an untagged target with Rake it just doesn’t go on them sometimes.
Once it starts happening, I get combo points at completely random intervals after using my generators - sometimes after the target dies, and my visual form gets stuck in cat or travel while switching forms. I was flying around as cat in Legion, and it was cute.
It fixes itself after logging out and in, but not with a reload.
I submitted a bug report in game with a link to this thread after it happened to me, so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it soon.

Update: Yeah managed to trigger it with just Rake from Stealth at 120, starting with 0 combo points.

2 Likes

Adding more to this, once it happens, other non-feral things start bugging out too. World quests don’t complete, you get stuck in combat forever, just many completely random bugs start affecting you after this is triggered. Everything fixes itself after logging out and in, including completing of world quests.

Just got engaged on by a hunter in WPvP and the bug hit at the same time. Boy was it fun fighting without being able to generate Holy Power. Wait. It wasn’t fun. When is this going to get fixed?

As a druid, this is an issue I’ve run into twice - the first account I don’t really remember, but the second I recall quite vividly.

I ran into this issue in Tiragard Sound, north of the Vigil Hill flight point at an azerite WQ. I’ve actually got a couple videos of this issue occurring, but what happened pretty much matched what others are describing above. Locked in combat, unable to shape-shift properly, combo-point generators not functioning, and even gaining travel form movement speed bonuses without being able to use their matching Wild Charge abilities and being stuck in night-elf form, or feral form.

As cool as it is being able to move at mounted speed in cat form, not being able to use any abilities or shape-shift correctly is incredibly frustrating and game breaking - in the second occurrence I had to spam shape-shift buttons to even be able to hearth to safety, and regrowth wouldn’t automatically take me out of whatever form I was stuck in.

Speaking of hearthing, that didn’t fix the issue, since I have my hearth set to Boralus, so I stayed in the same zone. Reloading and completely restarting the game didn’t help either.

The only way I actually got my character to stop imploding was to go to an entirely different zone - I made my way over to the boat and went to Nazmir, and as soon as I loaded in to the new zone, I was completely back to normal. I’m unsure if this would work if you just decided to walk to say, Stormsong Valley or to Drustvar.

The bug is obviously not zone exclusive but doesn’t seem to replicate itself in instanced locations like dungeons or raids, but is nonetheless frustrating. And the fact that this is happening to multiple classes is…

yikes.

I have the same problem as both guardian and feral druid- it happens fairly frequently, and seems to happen when you shapeshift in combat sometimes.

Once it happens, you are stuck visually in your current form, and when you shift to a new form even though the caster bar SOMETIMES changes, all the action bar actions are grayed out as if you’re in the current visual form.

This means that if I get into combat and this bug happens, I cannot do much except auto attack and only abilities that exist in all forms.

This is game-breaking; I literally cannot fight.

1 Like

Adding my name into the hat here. This has almost made me drop using Feral entirely. It will happen SEVERAL times a night (2-3 times over 2 hours). For a game that is 14 years old this is ridiculous. Quest tracker issues and such no big deal, but if I’m in the middle of a raid boss and my combo points stop generating that’s a HUGE deal.

Only addons I run are Details! and Auctionator if that helps.

How about a response on this bug Blizz? This is a major annoyance that happens all the time. Being stuck in combat, unable to shapeshift, unable to generate combo points, (Rogue also affected). While flying cat is funny, this makes playing impossible.
Restarting game from rest area/inn or zoning is only (temporary fix).

This JUST happened on my Paladin - could no longer generate holy power or mount properly. I had mounted speed, but I was running around on foot with no mount showing.

No idea what triggered it, but have not seen it until today.

Bump it’s been a month and this still hasn’t been fixed. Experiencing it on WW monk, rogue, and feral. Combo points/chi bug out and you can only spam generators. It’s a nuisance to play at this point and I’m considering unsubbing.

Adding my name as well. I hate to throw these words around, but it is literally game breaking for some classes.

Please fix this, or at least acknowledge that you have heard these complaints. It is sad that it is taking over a month to acknowledge or fix this.

STILL happening! Not a whisper of acknowledgement. This is game-breaking for some classes.

Just encountered this issue. My character stealths but stealth moves are not usable. I cannot build combo points. I tried reloading my ui, and it doesn’t fix this.