8.1 Feral combo points bug

its lag. client side and some server side interactions, you have no lag, but the actual fundamental gameplay has lag you don’t notice and doesn’t show in the games ESC statistics, it says you have low ping and no lag but you do have lag.

this has been a problem since BFA launched and blizz knows it is a problem but is silent about it or when they will fix it.

Just ran into this issue again… stuck in a fight and unable to generate combo points, getting killed then rezzing but stuck being dead and getting attacked anyway.

Happens the same way in all 3 Alliance Zones, I play just fine for 30 min to an hour or so then no combo points, unable to change forms, unable to move things around in Bags, it is like I got a case of really bad Lag but it is not showing up on my meter, that shows 30 - 90 most of the time.

Looks like a lot of others are having the same problem… only “fix” I have found is to play a different toon.

This bug is getting more and more frequent the more I level my rogue. I can barely kill mobs now!

I am guessing it is related to the lag that happens in zones. With the lag it doesn’t recognize you having spent the combo points so you can’t use them. When the target dies it “forces” an update is my guess so they appear again.

Sort of like quests don’t show as complete right away with the lag so you can’t go to the next step until the server catches up. I just encountered it for the first time today on my druid and the quest lag is happening same time.

My pally had it as well at some points.

I don’t believe that the current zone lag is directly related to this. It may be increasing the likelihood that something triggers the issue, but I think they’re separate otherwise.

There’s some sort of disagreement between the client and server which is why this issue isn’t also accompanied (necessarily) by client-server communication delays. It’s why you can still fight in real-time, while certain aspects of combat don’t function as intended. There’s no lag on the server side or between your client speaking with the server, there’s just something about your character that either the server or the client aren’t agreeing upon. That’s also why the problems aren’t updated by passage of time, but rather by triggered events (entering/leaving combat, a creature dying, mounting/dismounting, etc). If it was lag, you could sit there and expect to eventually see quest credit appear - but in this case, it simply won’t happen until another thing happens.

There’s also reports of people getting these issues in lag-free areas and instances.

I’m having the same issue. No matter the form, I stay feral. Not only that but the alliance cat as well. wtf???