8.1.5 Crashing and graphics corruption

Can we get a rollback or something while this is being worked out? Everything was stable and working without complaints until this update. Now I get random crashes waking through town, landing at flight paths walking through other zones. Oddly it seems to seldom occur when actually in combat, although it’s crashed a few times loading in and out of battlegrounds.

I’ve forgotten now where I was in Drustvar but the trees turned all weirdly multicolored psychedelic along with some of the snow covered rocks. A /reload seems to resolve those kind of anomalies (though infrequent) at least. Occasionally the map / Minimap does weird things like that too in part.

I’m also seeing a lot of the flashing ground clutter others have mention with foliage.

I tired doing a wow repair and tossing, caches, addons, etc but haven’t seen any difference. From reading through forum it sounds like the official word is graphics drivers even though everything was fine before?

OS 10.14.3
GTX 780M 4gig
24 gig system ram

Hey, Eklecras! There’s currently two known issues over the Crashing and the Graphical Artifacts. The crashes are due to a driver bug which we’re waiting for an update release to resolve.

The graphical artifacts are still something that we’re looking into in the mean time. Unfortunately, rollbacks are a bit complex and not ideal. This is very rare and would be up to our World of WarCraft team.

It’s a frustrating situation for our fantastic Mac OS users, but our team is doing the best to resolve all these issues and we appreciate the patience for the time being. Any workarounds or updates we find will be available through those two threads. To keep this linear, this thread has been locked as we have two threads for both issues and any new information will be posted there :slight_smile: Thanks for understanding!

1 Like