Renown 7 is not letting me upgrade pvp gear

I am renown 7 and I can’t upgrade my pvp gear past rank 3 still. Tried relogging. Is it bugged?

14 Likes

You can actually do something in-game right now?

yo what the crap

Does any of this help? Or is it just bugged?

Reaching Renown 7 unlocks a quest in your Sanctum, and that quest enables the increased upgrade cap. The quest is given by the NPC that shows you your Renown, so for example, if you’re Kyrian, it’s Iona Skyblade.

55 Likes

What’s the quest name (Necrolord), i picked all quest in my Sanctum, i need to know which one it is, so i can complete it and go straight to arena

1 Like

Ok so for Necrolord it’s the quest ‘‘Necrolord Veteran’’

1 Like

Omg does anyone freaking know. I picked up two quests. one to collect 1000 anima. is that it/?? Replenish the reservoir? I did the Maw quest for Souls to upgrade to 7.

Thank you for the clarification.

You have to pick up the quest from Sinfall to turn into the Brokers before you can upgrade it. I’ve upgraded mine to 184.

Found the quest, It doesnt appear on the map until you get close to the guy it will show on your mini-map.

2 Likes

I hate this game I quit

9 Likes

Renown 7? Haha I’m at 3 and can’t bring myself to play even…

2 Likes

Calm down, sir. You’re getting a bit too stressed out over a quest.

Replenishing the Reservoir is the weekly for Renown and your Covenant. It’s not the quest you need for PvP.

Here’s something helpful from Wowhead, I hope:

5 Likes

This is the least clear thing yet in an xpac of unclear things. So a random NPC in not the heart of the forest gives an upgrade quest for renown 7 after you reached renown 7.

Ok so it is in the heart of the forest but if you aren’t on that side of the area you won’t even see the quest pop up. It’s a breadcrumb. Let people complete the thing in Oribos without going back, this is silly.

10 Likes

Ok, after a couple of hours of confusion and chasing quest that i didn’t need for this I found that Iona Skyblade - Kyrian has a quest that sends you to the pvp vendor so you can upgrade your pvp gear. Even though it says I was renown 7 I couldn’t upgrade the gear until I went to Iona and go back with the quest.

5 Likes

Thanks, that fixed it. I was so confused.

Did you just assume that persons Covenant?

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the help. I would like to add this quest to unlock the next tier of upgrades was completely uncessary blizzard. What was the point of having this quest?

1 Like

I have to agree that this extra step was absolutely unnecessary. If you were trying to help newbies in some way, then make it CLEAR what the next step was. There was nothing to give us any indication this step was necessary. The PVP NPC just states you needed to be renown 7, nothing more.

9 Likes