76 Residuum for a 14 key. 675 for a 385 piece

every other week for a RANDOM piece like I said 600 to 700 armor on a specific piece will make it worth a 385 with out those specific traits. No one who is fully informed would think 6 to 9 weeks is acceptable.

2 Likes

I never said Azerite can titanforge. That was someone else. I did however reference a blue comment yesterday that literally said it drops from M+ completion. Maybe they have changed that since, or the blue mispoke . But I didn’t make it up.

Can you point us toward that post? Because the blue post I saw literally says it does NOT drop from end of dungeon runs.

There are zero reasonable ways to farm TR

1 Like

They said from day 1 of this announced change that random gear would take a few weeks, targeted gear longer.
At least know what you’re talking about before complaining about it.

3 Likes

Bottom line is that the amount of time it takes to buy a specific piece absolutely should be based solely on the weekly cache alone. Residuum from scrapping should be extra that, maybe, cuts it down by maybe a week…because its random. I get that Blizzard wants to drum up the hours played metrics by getting people to play the slot machine…but its more likely that someone will clear a M0 tour and normal/heroic and, maybe, walk away with a couple pieces to scrap. There is no good reason beyond drumming up metrics to impress shareholders to base it this way. I enjoy running challening content (i.e.: high keys and mythic once heroic is on farm)…not old content that I steamroll. This is going to do far more harm than good and encourage much quicker burnout.

/shrug

If that is what they want…so be it, I guess.

1 Like

This takes you to the comment section of that blues post. It looks like they’ve since edited it, but originally they did say M+ completion. This persons comment still shows the original version.

Whatever man I’m so over it

im 381 and i run +10-12s every week i should recieve an upgrade every few dungeons or at the very least at the end of the week there is no point in me running mythics excpet for raising my score on a third party website at this point

It looks to be more or less what they said, 2 to 3 weeks for a random one or about 9 for a specific one, take into account this is Mythic quality Azerite pieces.

Also they said the cache will drop more when the new season starts so it should still be 2-3 weeks for a 415 random piece or about 9 weeks for a 415 specific piece.

why would i risk getting a useless trait?

3 Likes

That’s your choice, my point is that we already knew this was going to be the rate at which we would be able to buy the azerite pieces, I agree it feels too slow just don’t understand why all the sudden people are surprised about it.

1 Like

Right, so they let you buy 355 armor caches, if you scrap 15 340s or 5 355s…

That makes a lot of sense (/sarcasm).

4 Likes

would it not be better for the PLAYERS if they allowed azerite armor to drop from m+ chests?

1 Like

what the heck do you guys expect - you either get RNG or you get to ‘earn’ your piece of gear. I personally don’t care for this earning part via currency because it generally just makes things into a grind I feel I have to do. But people asked for this, you really didn’t think it was going to save the average person time in obtaining them did you ?

Ok? so give me 370 specific that should take around 2 weeks to get. I’d be fine with 370 as long as it has the NEEDED traits for my class. The traits are so over powered that I would have the same survivability in 340 gear with the traits than 385 with out the traits. See my dilemma?

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t hear your whining on M+ players over your loud cries of “NERF BLOOD DK I CAN’T GET INVITES BECAUSE MY IO IS LOW”

But please, continue.

i hope you’re wrong that would be an insult.

“want a side of slap in the face with your main dish of sadness?”

Yeah… I agree with you, my point is that we’ve known it was going to be like this for about a month. I don’t like it either, but it’s not a surprise we knew already.

But yes I do believe it should be a lot quicker to buy the targeted pieces, the whole point of the azerite system is that we can get multiple pieces and, if they design the traits properly, we want to have multiple sets for different situations.

The fix/change I would like is to have both things run simultaneously: One random piece every 2-3 weeks AND one specific piece every 9 weeks. This could be implemented in various ways probably the easiest one would be to add a second type of currency for the targeted pieces so we can freely buy the random ones every 2-3 weeks but we still get the specific one every 9.

I am also confused by the item level here. Isn’t mythic +10 385 currently and on-par (ilvl wise) with mythic raid?

But the currency gear which takes 9 weeks (or less if it’s patched) is on par with normal Dazar’Alor gear?

Seems to me like the ilvl is too low. Minimally I would think weeks worth of grinding should put you on par with heroic ilvl no?

Wow. Talk about a grind. If you aren’t pushing M10+ keys you won’t be getting a piece before flying is out, eh?

I saw on Wowhead that a 355 piece is worth a whopping 3 Residuum. They truly have created that M+ or die situation they’ve been shooting for.

5 Likes