75% of forum complaints can be solved by having friends

Different situations are different for everyone. I stopped raiding with my old guild because of health issues. And since I needed to see doctors I had to be up in the morning. They raided from 12 am - 3 or 4 am depending my time. So it became inconvenient. Sure I could find another guild (and eventually made my own), but then that’s going from playing with close friends to randos, so why not just LFR? It’s a wing of three bosses. Get it done. Since it’s not released all at once like normal and above, it definitely doesn’t take as long.

The complaints this expac (like every other) are varied and a lot of them have to do with bugs and balancing issues. Things that can only be solved by devs. So friends aren’t gonna help. Especially with the loot issues but limited trade issues.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

• questing…no group required
  • pet battles…no group required
  • farming old content…no group required.

you sure youre playing the same game?
Theres a ton to do in this game that doesnt require grouping.

because…uh…you SAID it?
Dont make claims if you cant back it up with data.

2 Likes

I have a hard time making friends online.

2 Likes

Everyone RUN! She’s hyper social, run, run now!!!

I tease. My kid is hyper social and was born into a family of insular book/media worms. Talk about a mis-match. >.<

2 Likes

Blockquote because…uh…you SAID it?
Dont make claims if you cant back it up with data.

This is why ya’ll can’t make friends and people leave your keys early.

I am a GM. One of my major complaints is an issue with guild control that’s been going on since the start of BfA. Ion said they were “working on a fix” but nothing has happened. Explain to me how my guild and my friends can help this because I’d really like to get it fixed. Thank you.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-new-guild-ui-and-permissionsyikes

1 Like

I had some friends once. It was a long long time ago.

Good memories. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I had a friend I wouldn’t even bother playing wow

2 Likes

100% can be solved by unsubscribing.

3 Likes

I have a guild and friends that I have played with for over a decade and my complaints are still all there.

Woo The Other 25%!

Honestly, they are the main reason I keep playing. If my Guild Leader ever decides to quit I am probably out the door with him.

I disagree. I play mostly with friends who are on daily on discord even when they aren’t playing. We certainly don’t feel forced to quit because of these issues but a lot of the forum complaints you see, while definitely overstated, are legitimate and valid.

Just because people find them annoying doesn’t make them invalid.

I will agree though if you frequent the forums and things like negativity easily infects you, then you should probably stay away from the forums.

3 Likes

My most successful forum thread where I complained about the game was in regards to how Covenants shouldn’t be locked to power since it takes the choice out and forces bad matches with themes. Having friends actually makes this a lot worse, because having friends pressure you to play the best you can; especially if they are interested in raiding or pushing keys.

As true as this may be, it didn’t used to be true. It used to be that puggers could have a pretty decent experience and that in fact pugging was the most common way of doing dungeons. A lot of peoples’ frustrations lie in how this has changed.

1 Like

But I don’t like friends, and I hate having expectations placed upon me(even though i’m quite good in all aspects of this game)

Getting into Discord is a turn off for me.
Wasn’t always that way, but when my core WoW group dispersed over the years into other games, I just never found a new group.

1 Like

Expectations and regular schedule both are less than great. I don’t want to go from working a full-time job full of both of those all day to playing a game full of both of those in the evening. I don’t know if I’ll want to log in on raid night or if I’ll feel up to farming flasks for the guild or whathaveyou.

2 Likes

I also disagree with this. If I didn’t have the friends I currently played with, I would have quit Shadowlands already.

its hard to make friends

2 Likes

Because Alliance &%^$^%$^.

I have been in Alliance since 1 to Kara and the toons back then were plentiful and helpful. Now years later the server merges of new faces and old friends retiring leaves a lot of people who play to pass the time but aren’t particularly helpful. I am on Boulderfist and almost daily I will see people complain no one on the alliance side wants to party up to complete quests and do dailies. I look over the the Horde toons and they are roaming the lands in SQUADS!

It can be kind of depressing.

Since I only play to pass the time and not looking to join a guild, I know what I am in for. A lot of other (newish) players tho join Alliance and get grief when asking for advice or help in the /1 or trade chat.

Is it that way for the Horde?

Just a note, I went to go help my friend do Amphitheater of Anguish while in Chromie Time. We were phased out, so I couldn’t help. They had to drop out of it to finish the storyline achievement. I know this is small potatoes, but it definitely wasn’t very “friend” friendly. Seems like the mentality of helping out lowbies is mostly non-existent now.

1 Like

Yes my partner and I like to help each other lvl and the system they added to make it easier makes it a lot harder sometimes, its pretty odd.

2 Likes