70m que on Skyfury

At this point I’m so frustrated. It’s been bad since day 1 and it’s only getting worse. Very little communication from Blizz about it either.

6 Likes

I dont want to play on a server that has 2 years of economy built up. I litterally will not be able to compete.

Yup same. My old guildies all had 100-200k gold on faerlina…

Like how do I compete…

1 Like

Yeah massively gold inflated servers aren’t necessarily a “good” economy just because a stack of Peacebloom goes for 20g. It just means you need to do a hell of a lot more to catch up in the first place. Let alone in this world of rampant buying of gear.

I saw someone post something about blizzard not wanting to do more new realms because they dont want them ending up being dead or one sided in alliance or horde all of which players have been blaming blizzard for the last 6 months.

So them not doing anything is pretty much your answer retailers will leave once they are 80. The raid loggers will stop logging in all the time once they are 80. And ques will go away.

If they arent gone after a week of launch blizzard will probably do another server or 2.

They already addressed this on a post in the community council forums. Short answer is, no. They aren’t doing anything about the queue for Skyfury and they aren’t going to add new servers either. They are priorotizing the megaservers because they think a lot from Skyfury are gonna go back to their established realms once Wrath Drops, and the ‘footprint’ of players on pre-existing realms is much larger than that of Skyfury. You can read the entire thread about Skyfury and Queues here:

" So the fresh realms are a very unique situation and we want to be extremely careful about adding more realms. Adding a 2nd fresh PvP realm is very very likely to do one of two things:

1. Lead to both realms being unhealthy in the long term.
2. Essentially guarantee that one of the two realms becomes the “horde” server, and the other becomes the “alliance” server.

Additionally, Fresh realms are also much more likely to experience a bit of a decline once the game actually launches. Many people are leveling in fresh now during pre-patch but we expect some number of those players to return to their normal established servers and guilds once the expansion launches. This might be a situation where its better for us to weather the storm, as it were.

Lastly, the fresh realms’ total “footprint” of players isn’t nearly as large as a server like Faerlina or Benediction. These established older large realms will continue to swell as folks return who may be inactive unless moves occur, which is a different situation than Skyfury is in. While the queues on Skyfury are long, they aren’t as long as the other queuing mega-realms. If everyone in the queue for Benediction went to another realm, that realm would be queuing as well. That queue is more than double the capacity of the realm. If everyone in Skyfury’s queue went to another realm, it would be a fairly busy realm, but not nearly full. Skyfury and the 2nd realm may not survive that division long term.

Fast reactions to immediate problems are part of what got us here, and while our goal is to get everyone into the game as soon as we can, we also want to make sure Fresh realms are a long term success as well. We want to be extra sure that the only option is to open a new fresh realm before we do so."
-Aggrend, WoW Classic Game Producer

1 Like

NO: For one thing, Maladath is a PvE server, not PvP. For another thing, there are often really small queues on Maladath already. If they dump thousands of Skyfury PvPers there, it will not only ruin the community type of the server, but Maladath will become fit to burst with long queues in no time.

Open up transfers from Skyfury to low pop PvP server Earthfury. That will help both servers! It’s the only way.

PS/ I’ve already been waiting in the Skyfury queue for closing in on an hour now, with no end in sight, and the West Coast is just finishing up their lunch hours. This sucks.

1 Like

That post was made 4 days ago and if the queue was roughly what it was when that post was made, Id be on board. The problem is every single day the queue gets longer, and starts earlier in the day.

10k people waiting on a nightly bases waiting to get on a server seems like a good reason to do something. My friends and I would gladly take a free transfer from Skyfury to Maladath if it was an option

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter how much you argue it. This is their current stance. End of story.

Its unfortunate because it basically just ensures that I won’t be playing Wrath Classic.

I think transfers to the PvE server are fine, I honestly wouldnt move over the current queue sizes, as I have plenty of things I do while sitting in the queue. But those who are having major issues should have an option to move.

I dont recommend a new PvP server though as I see far less people who would transfer there leaving the population on the new one like a felstriker from classic (3rd OCE pvp server which was basically DoA).

2 Likes

Right. It’s not like Blizz has ever changed their stance on anything before.

Oh wait…

Remember when this server was dead on arrival?

2 Likes

Please no more pop on Maladath. We do not want a queue.

1 Like

Yah I agree, I don’t think opening a new PvP realm is the answer either for your exact reasoning, and blizzards which will make it 1 Alliance, 1 Horde servers. If they are dead set on 2 servers.

I really like the idea of letting people who want to avoid large queue’s to move to maladath. It will help the lower pop PvE realm, and certainly help the massive queue on Skyfury

1 Like

I’m fine with that. EF could use some bodies.

1 Like

Based on recent numbers. Maladath sits at 9500 or so prime time population. You are 6500 people away from a queue.

Maladeth is not a legitimate answer for 2 reasons. First, its a PvE Server. Second, its a US East Server.

1 Like

I mean, if you really want to get down to it, these are people, who are basically proving how easy the game is if they have nothing to do but game every day of the week. How many 70’s are actually doing BGs and SWP alongside other raids this far into the pre-patch? Honestly, these fresh servers shouldn’t have happened till wrath launch. Yes, I said it, wraths launch. These servers aren’t fresh, there soiled because the player base just didn’t want to play with others unless they are on the same level with little to no competition or “griefing” from already over geared bored players, but that didn’t last long now did it.

And guess what, stop acting like the pve server can’t have pvp. You can literally /pvp and boom you’re flagged till you /pvp to toggle it off. The difference is that a play has the choice to engage you, and that upsets you for some reason. Honestly, if you want a rivalry, just have guild rivalries, that’s solve your wpvp problem on a pve server.

Calling it now. Blizz’s next blue post is going to read a lot like Slim Shady’s “Public Service Announcement 2000”…

And I quote: “Little did you know, upon purchasing this (game)
You have just kissed his *ss”