Shadowlands Preview: Forge Your Own Legendary Items

Shadowlands Preview: Forge Your Own Legendary Items

Forge powerful legendary gear customized to your specifications and defeat the perils that plague the Shadowlands.

View Full Article

5 Likes

I think it’s a good thing, but can you fix Honor gearing plz?

16 Likes

Good to know that none of my professions will be useful for this.

To roll 2 new toons or buy tokens for the AH? That is the question.

3 Likes

The article says:

Characters with Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, or Jewelcrafting professions will be granted the recipe to create base pieces as part of the storyline with the Runecarver. These pieces can be crafted by players and can be traded or can be purchased from the Auction House. Each time a crafter creates a base piece, they will earn experience and over time they will be able to create those base pieces with higher item levels. There are four levels each recipe can reach, and creating higher level base pieces will require more resources to complete.

Professions are useful.

EDIT: Maybe your problem is some professions like Inscription and Alchemy don’t appear there. Fair enough then.

1 Like

Legendaries in systemlands feel like normal gear to me with cool bonuses.

Less borrowed power influencing class design is good.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

7 Likes

Yes, that’s why I said none of my professions.

4 Likes

My personal opinion is that perhaps they are looking to the literal profession terminology to decide these things.

The professions listed actually craft armor and pieces which can be put on armor while apart from Enchanting, the other two don’t seem to serve much purpose in being connected to armor.

I could be wrong because they allowed alchemy or inscription to craft trinkets in this expac?

1 Like

Kind of a shame that you have to do specific content to get a specific legendary. Not looking forward to people complaining that they have to do PvP in order to raid or vice versa to get their BiS legendary.

Unless this was changed. In which case, looking forward to it. If nothing else, it at least looks better than the way Legion Legendary items were handled at launch.

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s right. But it sucks that only a few get left out. Give us a legendary enchanting component or alchemy transmutation piece that could be used instead.

1 Like

“You’ll also need two Missives , which are used to empower the piece with two different secondary stats of your choosing. These Missives can be made by players with the Inscription profession and can be traded or sold on the Auction House.”

Alchemy still get stuff for raids, so your still helpful :smiley:

3 Likes

Don’t have that, I’m enchanting :frowning:

Gear I need to use all the time or flasks to share once a week…

And the people with the crafting necessary will be more important if they can help their guilds get their leggos faster.

The fact that there are no legendary engineering goggles is incredibly disappointing.

14 Likes

I am super excited to pay 200k gold for my legendaries! Yay!

4 Likes

Since now I’m still thinking about it, this seems like it would have made everyone have something:

Engineer - goggles
Alchemy - makes the base item for legendary trinket
Enchanting - can also make missives like inscription.

2 Likes

Runecarver be like, “Help I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.”

Someone get this man Life Alert!

5 Likes

Well I think there is a way to get random ones but it might be a bit of RNG on that to get the one you want from content you don’t like.

1 Like

Not true:

These Missives can be made by players with the Inscription profession…

Hmmm, so are the crafted items other than legendary soulbound?

No mention of the Memory unlocks being account wide - is that still going to be the case or did you go back on that?

I don’t believe any of it other then the Soul Ash and final product are soulbound.

Enchanters make the Enchanted metal for the BS pieces I know that, and inscription makes the stat things, herbs go into the base leather to make the various zone specific leathers.