Wsg map change in the PTR

Looks like they are changing the section of Horde tunnel entrance that allowed you to get to ToT from the ground. Here is a video from the PTR. It looks very buggy the way you can walk out onto the changes parts and there is large invisible wall you can stand on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtSvOL1rTDo

I really don’t understand the purpose of this change. What is wrong with the way that jump works in wsg? I think it’s fine the way it is.

4 Likes

Oh noes you can’t wall jump anymore and will have to take the expected paths just like they did with AV.

15 Likes

Yeah I can’t say I feel sorry for anyone taking advantage of those spots

14 Likes

Good way to destroy the game.

3 Likes

Well where do we draw the line? There is 2 jumps that can get you up to Horde GY do those need to go? Alliance also has a jump that gets you up to thier GY from the ground.

Blizzard takes offense to using the terrain around tunnel entrance to get ToT it seems.

Is the #nochanges crowd really going to let major changes like this slide?

1 Like

The jump is so easy to learn. It makes no sense why they would change this now that Naax is releasing soon. People will have no incentive to stick around anymore and changes like this will just cause people to flock back to private servers where they can truly experience the vanilla experience.

Going out on a limb here, but to me the small development of things like this point to fresh vanilla servers with minor fixes in the possible future. Otherwise why continue to work on things like this?

5 Likes

not the most epic meme

for TBC. They expect a bunch of people to return, only this time TBC will NOT be #nochanges. They will cater to the casual audience even more to retain them.

1 Like

Perhaps…but isnt TBC going to be run on entirely different patch? Like I don’t remember how these jumps worked or if they even were a thing in 2.0 - 2.4.3 or w/e. TBC work would be being done internally you would think not on the 1.13 ptr.

The change is likely just like they did for AV. They hardly seem to have anyone actually work on classic so its probably the dev’s for it just haven’t had time until now to get to it. It has also probably massively increased in popularity recently so its more a target now too.

WSG was clearly designed with several lanes in mind, each with a risk/reward. The GY jumps, ToT, and fence exploits damage the simple elegance of the map design.

3 Likes

…why? LOL i feel sorry for people that have no interest in learning the ins and outs of the game and want everything fixed

The Horde one is easy to learn the Alliance side one requires some sort of speed boost…I always thought that one was esp dirty since Druid always had a speed boost with 0 cd.

Look if we can pick and choose what changes are ok and which aren’t then they should just do Classic+ with a voting system like OSRS.

Either they want us to have a say or they don’t.

I’ve seen relentless whinging on these forums get things changed in classic so why not do the bloody classic+ voting system.

WSG jumps always been a core part of the vanilla WSG experience. They provide more movement options and adds an extra layer of tactical depth. We are now getting a watered down version of classic WSG.

Probably the people advocating those changes got absolutely clowned by an elite FC druid and instead of learning to play the game, opened a ticket and reported him for hacking.

No one appreciates how much dedication and hard work is required to play a druid to its maximum potential in WSG. I feel bad for druid players, the classic team just took a huge dump on the only thing the worst class in the game is good at.

5 Likes

I mean I could say the same thing about all the AV jumps and Premade queuing.

Blizzard clearly disagrees, not much you can do about it.

#nOchaNgeS :clown_face:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a second to acknowledge that in the last few builds that made it to the WoW Classic PTR we were experimenting with a few tweaks and bug fixes to help try and resolve some terrain exploits present in Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin. Unfortunately, this had a few unintended consequences in Warsong Gulch in particular and we went ahead and reverted some (but not all) of those fixes. The most recent PTR build that was released today (v.36524) has all of these reversions and tweaks so if you would like to pop back in and check it out, we’d love to get some extra feedback on it.

Thank you for the posts and comments on this so far about this!

8 Likes

I know you guys might not want to detail these exploits for fear of further use, but is there anyway you can tell us specifically what exploit you guys are finding to severe? There are a ton of things being left as “warts” and others that get changed over night. Hard to tell how you guys are deciding.

2 Likes