7 mage tower challenges for a mount

Is this a fair thing to do? I just don’t think it’s fair to force people to make or level alts for a mount that is going to be potentially around just for 2 weeks. Maybe they will make it a TW thing for every Legion TW, hopefully, but for now we have 2 weeks to get this and some people I know have one character, that limits them to at best 4 if they are a druid and 3 for everything else.

FYI - I have 1 of each class and have raided with them all in BFA, I don’t think I will have an issue doing this, but some people don’t even have the personal to even attempt it.

2 Likes

No one is forcing you, what? If you want the mount do the thing.

Isn’t it going to be up whenever legion TW is up? So you’ll have multiple times per year?

12 Likes

Nobody is forcing anything. Just because a challenge exists that some people may want to go for, doesn’t mean you need to.

If you really want that mount, go for it. If you don’t care, then you don’t care.

6 Likes

Legion Timewalking will be up later.

I hope it is and they will allow people to farm it over time, but if it is not, than we have one chance and given the nature of the MT, I think it may be a one chance thing.

multiple times per year?

Ah yes, like maybe twice a year lol. We’re lucky we’re even getting two weeks for the first time Legion TW is introduced.

There are plenty of things in the game that require having alts. The achievement in BfA that awards the Alliance Frostwolf/Horde Horse for one.

If one character can complete 3 challenges like pallies and dks for example its really not that bad

Itll come around again as well

Its like the violet protodrake, not everyone gets it in one year

Blizzard:

Next time you log in, you’ll be given every item in the game

Forums:

OMG, I have to wait until I log in?

11 Likes

And its not a drop chance so I’m happy with that.

1 Like

Is it any better than trying to get a mount with a 0.01% drop rate once a week? (If you don’t drag multiple alts out to also try to get it.)

This honestly

Imagine an event that only comes around a few times per year and its a 0.01% rng drop :joy: meta achievement you can work on over months is much better

1 Like

I think you’ll just need a druid who can do 4 and then two others maybe 3.

The Infinite Timereaver laughs at me in my dreams.

1 Like

it’s not fair nope.

I do have a question about the return of the mage tower, since I want to collect all the class sets and several of the classes I want to do them on never went through Legion. Will it cost 100 Nethershards per attempt like it originally did in Legion?

It’ll cost 100k Gold per attempt.

1 Like

Something to work on every time it comes around, I guess.

Should only take 3 classes if you aim for it.

Monk +rogue/mage
Druid + rogue/hunter/warlock
Warlock + deathknight/warrior
Hunter + shaman/paladin

These combos all provide 6/7 then you just have to add on a 7th later. There might be more combos but this is just a quick thought.

My only issue is they WON’T CLARIFY if we have to do it on 7 separate characters. The wording suggests we do, but why would we have to if 3/4 characters can do all 7 challenges between them?

If it HAS to be 7 characters? That’s messed up. Shadowlands has been VERY alt-unfriendly to the point most people aren’t playing them.

3-4 is more realistic.

No, just complete the 7 things. Don’t stress out.