Naxxramas Raid Testing – October 16

Tomorrow, Friday, October 16, we will continue our raid tests in Naxxramas, with the Arachnid Quarter.

2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) to 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT)

Available Bosses:

• Anub’Rekhan
  • Grand Widow Faerlina
  • Maexxna

This testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
A: To facilitate and expedite testing, there is an NPC named Johnny McWeaksauce that has taken up temporary residence at Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. He will provide players with Naxxramas attunement and instant teleportation into the Naxxramas raid. Johnny’s brother Jimmy, can be found within the raid and will provide access to consumables and reagents.

Q: Can I test with less than a full, content-ready raid group?
A: There will be a zone aura present within the raid that will provide players with a significant health and damage boost to help them overcome the challenges of Naxxramas. The intent of these raid tests is not to provide a challenge that perfectly matches what we expect players to experience when the raid goes live. The intent is to exercise boss mechanics and give us additional confidence that the raid encounters are behaving as expected. The hope is that even if you cannot muster a full 40-person raid to test with, or wish to form a pick-up-group on the PTR, you can still participate and make considerable progress within the dungeon if you so desire.

Please use the in-game bug reporter to send us any bug reports or issues that you encounter while playtesting on the PTR. We appreciate you taking the time to test this content, and we look forward to your feedback.

3 Likes

Been loving seeing people get pwned in the military quarter. Can’t wait to see more!

4 Likes

Hey brother man, do you guys have a tentative date for when Nax will be released? Us mortals want to know. Please don’t let it be 2022.

any chance of disabling world buffs for naxx so it isnt a snoozefest? even if its just the first month

2 Likes

That would make everything so much more interesting for everyone, including speed run guilds.

2 Likes

Disagree.

2 Likes

I don’t really understand the point of view that being able to kill bosses before they do anything is more interesting.

How are Heigan or Anub’Rekhan improved by being able to kill them before Locust Swarm or dance phase?

4 Likes

You’re incredibly strong as long as your execution is good. Your mistakes are punished strongly.

Doing more damage is more fun. The goal of any group would be to kill the boss faster (or more cleanly, resulting in it being faster), so they’re going to kill them before mechanics go out anyway.

2 Likes

It’s going to be a very small amount of raids or guilds that are able to do that.

I can almost guarantee that Anub’Rekhan is going to wipe pug raids over and over again on the PTR tomorrow like he did on the PTR 15 years ago regardless of the 100% damage buff.

you dont need world buffs to speed kill Naxx bosses

Especially when class stacking. Bosses will drop comically fast with and without world buffs.

Are they though? You have like 4,000 more HP world buffed. That lets you get away with a lot more mistakes.

Doing so much damage the content isn’t content anymore isn’t fun to me.

The top parses are almost 100% higher with world buffs in Ahn’qiraj. I don’t buy the argument that bosses dying 100% faster has no effect on how interesting they are.

… yes, because dying nearly halves your power.

Go play retail, then. The damage output of raids, even without world buffs, far exceeds what makes the content “content.”

1 Like

When I was watching the first guilds do Ahn’qiraj on classic they would just log on to their other characters who also have world buffs when they died to C’thun trash.

It’s such intensely dumb design.

4 Likes

you can litterally go check Warcraft logs if you would like to see a World Buff vs Non-World Buff speed clears… worst part of it is the non-world buff speed clears arent even as geared as the World buff runs.

Have Bipolar run a Non-WB speed clear

Yes, I did that.

Fastest world buffed Skeram kill: 30s
Without world buffs: 56s

Fastest Silithid Royalty with buffs: 30s
Without: 1m5s

Sartura with buffs: 21s
Without: 1m

Fankriss the Unyielding with buffs: 12s
Without: 40s

Huhuran with buffs: 26s
Without: 43s

Twin Emperors with buffs: 1m32s
Without: 3m16s

Ouro with buffs: 52s
Without: 1m36s

C’thun with buffs: 2m19s
Without: 3m43s

The difference is enormous.

The average ilvl is the same, right around 73.

2 Likes

Why do you need to understand how other people have fun?

1 Like

Imagine a game where you didnt have to use that metric because the buffs(or ability to raid with those buffs) didnt exist. You are thinking the wrong way

Because that way of having fun has a knock-on effect on everyone that makes the gameplay more and more degenerate.

3 Likes

Let people play the way they want. But if people want to kill bosses without mechanics its essentially the same boss over and over again. Might as well just target training dummies.

1 Like

You can always make your own guild and run raids and content how you like. It’s only a knock on you if you let it be. Play the game how you want. It is your own fault if you let other people control how you play the game.