64 Bit game

I recently install wow on a new hard drive.

it seems to be 32-bit format instead of 64 bit. how do I load the 64-bit.

Is that even possible? As far as I know, WoW only supports 64 bit.

4 Likes

There is no 32 bit anymore.

1 Like

Windows needs to be, but i am not sure about wow.

What version are you running for windows?

windows 10, 64-bit.

Just curious how are you sure it’s 32bit? By default battle.net installs itself into Program Files (x86) even though it’s not supposed to if it’s x64.

NOTE: content of this post has been altered by the author to avoid getting even close to a potential EULA violation. If the mods see otherwise they are free to revert to the original post.

1 Like

The only way of I know to tell is by opening the client and looking at the login screen.

So yeah, I’m kinda curious too. I wouldn’t think it would be possible to get 32-bit WoW anymore.

You should have a 64-bit client, even though it defaults to installing in your Program Files (x86) folder like Jessail said.

If you start wow (the game not just the bnet client) then open your task manager, you can see the bitness of the process on the process page.

Open the task manager and look at processes. (ctrl+shft+esc then ‘more details’)

In Windows 10 64 bit, 64 bit processes are listed with nothing after their name. 32 bit processes are listed with (32 bit) after their name.

If you see ‘World of Warcraft’ with nothing after it then it is running as 64 bit.