Realm Connections -- August 20

I actually am going to make a character on that server. Their concern about that auction house has me wondering just what they are doing on there. That it was going to ruin the auction house was just ridiculous and doesn’t even make sense unless they have price fixing in place.

Pretty sure they have one of the gold goblins I know on that server and he will constantly reset prices to keep them high.

Yup, I will add this server to my gold making activities. There is a reason they were concerned - lots of easy gold to be made here.

1 Like

There was a lot less people period posting about that and not all were for it. If you actually polled a server liked Ravenholdt I am betting you would have more people against than for because most people on servers like that have characters there because of the low population.

I was against that connection but who the heck thought blizzard would back track on these.

Once a server connection is done its very hard to backtrack… I’m sure blizzard could technically do it but you would be driving a wedge through that servers economy and would be splitting social circles and guilds.

About the Proudmoore-Hyjal thing, to be honest I think the servers would be a good match socially they are similar (just opposite factions) and I know alot of people who play Proudmoore and park horde toons on Hyjal having them together and a bigger auction house can only be a good thing imo… In general too though I feel like the faster barriers break down between servers the better it is for the game. WoW has evolved so much since it launched and servers certainly don’t have the same purpose as in the games early days.

Azgalor, Azshara, and Destromath… and this should include Thunderlord too, right? Also the server locations aren’t changing or anything right?

Thanks!

They were always east coast servers that won’t change, the mannoroth cluster should get a server time change from eastern time to central time to match that of it’s new host server but both servers were always hosted in Chicago :).

Today’s realm maintenance for connections has concluded. The following realm connections are completed and live:

• Eldre’Thalas and Korialstrasz to Akama, Dragonmaw, and Mug’thol
  • Korgath to Cenarius, Perenolde, and Cairne
  • Blood Furnace, Mannoroth, and Nazjatar to Azgalor, Azshara, Thunderlord, and Destromath
  • Madoran and Dawnbringer to Azuremyst and Staghelm

Unfortunately, two connections could not be completed, due to technical issues:

• Ursin, Andorhal, Scilla, and Zuluhed to Eonar and Velen
  • Garona to Icecrown and Malygos

We’ll let you know about the next round of connections as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Please connect “Korgath, Cenarius, Perenolde, and Cairne” to a HORDE majority server, the horde side of this server connection is still very under populated. Not asking for faction balance on the server…just asking for more bodies on the horde because its still really low.

Could you connect Garona to a different set of realms?? This will make it about 90% Alliance 10% Horde… Or give Garona players a free xfer off since there seems to be issues with connecting them.

1 Like

Things that are server dependent are down to just the things that require a common database. The only way World of Warcraft could further break down the barriers would be to switch to Oracle RAC, which would be prohibitively expensive.

This is rediculous… I have been so excited to get these connections. It is SO hard to find raiders on a dead realm. There’s not even an ETA for when you will try to connect velen and eonar again? Might just quit until Shadowlands then.

1 Like

I mean every connection is an invisible wall between servers removed… thats an improvement already regardless.

Connections of previously unconnected servers just make the invisible wall into a visible curtain, thanks to the clumsy way names are handled on connected realms. That may not be an improvement.

I can’t see Eldre’Thalas on my realm list, thats where I play out of and all my characters are at.

Sort your realm list by realm name and then find Eldre’Thalas, it’s a common bug that as the realm got copied, the character count won’t refresh on the realm list until you manually log into the server the first time.

yup just did that lol showing as 1 guy on that realm. thats why i didn’t see it thanks

yes well they sort of deserve this by letting one tiny group of people dictate what gets connected.

Which server are you referring to?

yours - of course and I made a character there earlier today

Very good, i’ll enjoy making gold with you.

The Alliance side also badly needed players, there were like 20 of us, lmao. Hopefully they can connect more realms to the cluster to add more horde players, though.