60 ilvl of titanforging? Seriously?

Agreed. It felt bad to replace an item that I’d spent considerable time to get with a random item that I felt like I had to equip just because its much higher ilvl made it a significant upgrade.

I believe weapons are limited to 15 ilvl of forging. To be honest, if it had been a weapon that titanforged to 420, I would probably have shut my trap and just enjoyed going around globaling people in PVP. Of course, that’s probably why Blizzard put the limit on weapons.

3 Likes

Are you the type of person who doesn’t read posts? Do you just glance over them and pretend you know what is being presented? Or maybe you can actually go back and see where I asked what other reasons a person could have for being the way they are to become more enlightened on the subject.

1 Like

Honestly as the way it is now that weapons can only war forge and azerite doesnt change at all. I dont think any mythic raider gives two craps about what other people get from lesser content with those two things restricted.

4 Likes

Maybe it’d be a good idea to not start off with “are you the kind of player that only cares about things he can lord over others?” if you don’t want a response like the one you got. If you want reasons then ask for them, that first part isn’t even remotely necessary it’s just ridiculous and adds nothing. If you’ve read any of the thousands of threads about titanforging you’d see there’s plenty of differing reasons why people dislike it.

Regardless, the main reason I dislike it is the gear progression. Almost every single aspect of gearing is RNG now (item level, sockets and even tertiary stats which do matter. Leech is huge). I dislike that and would like to see it toned down. Hell, reforging could make a comeback and that would help alleviate some RNG a bit. There’s nothing more complicated in this game than Azerite Armor, so not bringing reforging back because it’s “complicated” doesn’t hold anymore.

Another reason is how bad it feels to get a decent upgrade from the raid and then do an invasion or a world quest and have something TF to 400+. I actually replaced a ring from mythic uldir with a world quest ring that I have on now. It doesn’t feel good when I replace mythic raid gear with world quest gear. 30-40 pulls on a boss compared to 1 minute on a world quest doesn’t feel right when the rewards can be similar.

7 Likes

That’s a fair statement.

My comments were made due to how he presented his, though. He started with what was basically “I don’t even play anymore due to titanforging, because people who don’t do top raids can have the same gear as top raiders!” And checking his profile showed that he raided mythic in Uldir. A mythic Uldir raider complaining that people can get similar ilevel gear without raiding mythic Uldir? Yeah, there is an assumption made, but it’s one many people could make.

1 Like

I forgot until I looked at my armory just now, but in addition to 60 ilvl of forging, the piece also has leech. Not as big a deal for me since leech doesn’t work in PVP, but still.

That wasn’t my argument

4 Likes

No one will show you that because it doesn’t exist, not from world content and warfronts. People who have that high ilvl without raiding are doing mythic pluses and that was supposed to be an alternate route so things are working as intended there.

Someone coming on and playing only 4 hours a week and just raids can no longer automatically get the highest ilvl overall in the game - people need to get used to that.

5 Likes

Well that’s fine, I’m not here to worry much about that. You talk how you wanna talk, just figured I’d mention it since that’s how these hatred fueled arguments start in these threads usually.

Either way, there’s a lot of people against titanforging. There’s a lot that aren’t as well I’m sure but it seems to me like not having titanforging in the current form it’s in would be healthier for the game overall. I’m not saying TF needs to be deleted, just toned down. I think it could be a good system honestly but it feels way too crazy with the way it is now.

I listed 2 reasons why I’d like to see it toned down. One being RNG ruling over gear progression now (item level, tertiary stats, gem slots, etc) and two being the upgrade issue. You can look at my rings now, I have a 385 ring on that replaced my 385 mythic uldir ring (during uldir, closer to the end but during the tier) which felt bad to me. I don’t wanna replace my mythic gear with anything from world quests or invasions that take 2-3 minutes (invasions maybe 5) compared to how long it takes to progress.

That can also be applied to heroic gear as well. It’s fully possible to be at heroic raid ilvl without ever stepping foot into the raid set on heroic. You can just look at random accounts here at 120 I’m sure you’d find some, I have a thread I could link that has quite a few. I don’t think this is really healthy for the progression systems this game has always had.

You’re right. After re-reading you did say that wasn’t the argument you wanted to make why it should be changed.

However it is something you specifically payed attention to, whereas someone who isn’t bothered by it would have never even noticed. I mean, it’s pretty clear to see that it does bother you in some way, even if you’re not using that as your argument.

Regardless, in the end it doesn’t matter why you dislike it. Even those people who don’t like others being lucky is still a valid enough reason. I was mostly just posting out of curiosity, with just a bit of “If that is the reason, maybe some introspection could do some good” added on (which apparently isn’t needed).

1 Like

And I notice you have your armory hidden …
Pics or it didn’t happen.

4 Likes

You’re shooting for gear that is equivalent to raid gear without ever doing the raid? I don’t see how that’s healthy for the game or the raiding community. I’m not even talking mythic specifically, I’m not sure how it’s healthy for progression to be able to get a heroic or mythic quality piece just from doing world quests or invasions or even darkshore for that matter.

I don’t mind the game having more ways to get gear. I don’t think raiding should be the only way to get relavent gear. However I certainly do think that heroic and above level gear should only come from heroic and above level content. Higher item level open world gear can come from harder open world content, like world bosses giving 370 when the raid gives 350-385 is fine. Or mythic+ giving you a 410 piece weekly for doing a 10 and 400+ for regular runs. that’s fine as well. I don’t believe gear like that should be awarded from a random world quest that takes 30 seconds.

2 Likes

A prime example of why this system should cease to exist. Oh to go back to the days of gear just being gear, not slot machine bs.

5 Likes

Not much I can say outside of that. I’d just be repeating myself.

It’s actually not hard to bypass that system. And I checked the armory. They’ve got a blue trinket that’s 420 ilvl from titanforging.

5 Likes

So what’s the problem?

One’s armory can’t actually be hidden. Mine is here:

8 Likes

That’s pretty bonkers.

1.5 rppm should be about 33-40% uptime with a 20sec duration.

6 Likes

:man_shrugging:

I believe the proc listed on Armory is for a lower base ilvl of the item, maybe even the 8.0 base ilvl. On my character, it says the proc is 1022 primary stat instead of 321 primary stat; the rest is the same as what you have.

The item it replaced had an on use effect adding 1383 primary stat for 15 seconds, which is arguably better for PVP because you can control when it happens, despite the much lower up time. I only went with the proc item because the base stats were higher and the proc almost as good. Obviously the 420 item is far better for PVE.

1 Like

No, but thanks anyway.

5 Likes