6 month sub bundle: Breaking it down per price

blizzard got alot of free game time from me this year without even touching their game and I still wont get anything for it.

9.1.5 seems on december or maybe next year 6 months after a almost 2 years if not being able to moderate fix things when they were getting feedback to me it’s worth $0 still.

Not true. Because…

I do not play hearthstone. Them giving me hearthstone stuff isn’t them losing a profit for that product. I never would have purchased it in the first place. So they never had that sale in the first place. This same logic would be like Tyson Foods complaining they’re losing money giving out chicken nuggets to vegetarians and vegans. They never had the sale in the first place.

I honestly love Hearthstone, I play it more consistently than I do WoW at the very least.

Don’t agree with the OP’s whole “They’re losing profit” point, it’s not like giving away packs in a cross promotion costs them money, but I’m really glad they’re doing stuff like this.

If I’m gonna commit to a 6th month sub, I want them to REALLY sweeten the deal.

I will have to re confirm that I don’t trust on this “change” of view from the dev’s and the changes are mediocre and slow at best.

Call me cynical as you will but I’m tired of giving money to a company that ignores feedback to “suddenly” have a “moment of truth” to start reacting to feedback from players for once and not a stupid hivemind echo chamber discord/forums only.

So again 6 months = value still = $0.

1 Like

Assuming that you want that “more stuff”. I dont play Hearthstone or Classic TBC so that stuff is useless to me.

I think the US$ cost of a 6 month sub is around $78? In Australia its Aus$103.50. I’m not prepared to fork over that much money when I (a) retain access to the game through my gold (b) never buy a 6 months sub not only for its single large payment but because I like control of when I sub or dont sub and (c) this one has hardly anything in it that interests me anyhow, especially as the mount was included previously.

1 Like

A loss leader (also leader )[1] is a pricing strategy where a product is sold at a price below its market cost[2] to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services. With this sales promotion/marketing strategy, a “leader” is any popular article, i.e., sold at a normal price.[3

I don’t work in marketing, but this is pretty basic, standard sales stuff that anyone should be aware of if they are an adult .

They aren’t taking a loss to do us a favor and anyone complaining about the promotion, I hope you are just as angry when other companies and businesses, whether it’s your local grocery store or national cell phone provider run sales promotions.

You cant really lose profit on digital stuff (technically speaking). It also loses value when you have 0 interest in Hearthstone, Diablo etc.

Good for those who want it. I will pass.

Isn’t it? Usually these promotions are followed by a content drought and it seems this will be the case again: 9.1 was released 2 months ago and 9.1.5 is likely to be released in 3-4 weeks, meaning we won’t be seeing 9.2 for at least 3-4 months and with the whole Blizzard controverys and the employees leaving/getting fired we can expect more delays.
Oh and let’s add the huge amount of downtime we’re having during maintenance: 5 hours yesterday and another 5 today.

1 Like

They will play it for as long as it takes to get the free mount and then walk away, just like with the Hearthsteed. I’m on the fence right now whether I want to shell out the bucks for a Squeekers recolor and items for a game I never touch.

… It’s not, it’s a red herring. We can point to “people being angry for no reason” but it doesn’t always sadify the answer nor it’s always or mostly correct. If people are angry at it, maybe it has something to do with the “it”. Maybe try to get their actual thoughts instead of assuming their just being angry for no real reason.

Also “most the time”?.. Hmm… :thinking:

Look, i’m not going to spend too much time on this, because i’ve already given it enough of my say on that matter, refer to my previous comments on there if you want, because my point was, you have been negative towards Blizzard before. Not just on the pre-patch, but others as well. And i wouldn’t care if you didn’t say “People want to hate Blizzard and will find any excuse to call dirty play on them.”…

If there’s anything wrong with these comments (since some of them are very recent) feel free to let me know. I’m not doing this to expose you, i’m doing this to tell you that you’re not in a position to give such a copout answer like that. And the same would go to me if i ever said that myself.

1 Like

If you are someone that makes a huge deal out of maintenance periods with battle.net and WoW. I’m not really going to pay much attention to you. These are routine, and honestly have gotten to be much better sense the earlier years.

You just did.

No they haven’t, they used to be one or two hours long during Legion and BFA.

1. It’s a digital product, so it costs them nothing to make. They could make a million of them for nothing. So, you can’t tell if they are losing money unless you know how much it costs them to develop.

2. Your argument assumes they would sell those things to WoW players who wouldn’t have otherwise bought them. If I’m not a smoker, giving me a free pack of cigs with my purchase of a pizza isn’t a “deal” for me.

2 Likes

Blizzard isn’t going to hire you from the forums, dude.

3 Likes

thats fine I never would be able to work at Blizzard anyways, unless they have a cybersecurity position in the future 2 years from now though :thinking:

Well let’s just remember - that “$150 worth of stuff” isn’t actually worth that or else blizzard would not be doing this bundle because they would be losing money and we know actiblizz hates losing money. The mount/toy would be a minimal cost for them to make in the scheme of things. The hearthstone stuff is literally all no cost to them as almost no labor goes into those things once theyve been done.
Also why include hearthstone/classic in a WoW bundle? The amount of people that play retail AND classic/hearthstone I imagine would be very small and that would be where most of the value is from.

I think people are more annoyed because they’re doing this to obviously just entice people when there’s really no reason to sub for 6 months anymore, especially since 9.2 isn’t until (at least) december/january and 9.1.5 is still a couple of months away. They’re allowed to do whatever they want with the bundle, it’s just that it’s obviously being done to just try boost subs since they’ve been free falling.

3 Likes

So much agree with this but be prepared for a long wait until D4’s 2023 launch.

Hearthstone is worthless to me and I can’t even sell it like I can a magic card. Also lol at virtual goods having value. They’re giving out the cards for the same reason magic used to do it they want to hook you. They’re not doing you a favor so much as proselytizing their game.