57 hotkeys needed for Restoration in DF

UPDATE: Blizzard added 3 more hotbars to the default UI, so this isn’t an issue anymore.

Currently in beta if you want to hotkey everything to avoid having to move abilities around when switching things up you need 57 slots. This leaves 3 slots for things like mount/trinkets/engineering/healthstone ect. I know you can use the “extra” hotbar by cycling, but it’s pretty inconvenient.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679052447226003470/1022697438764605490/unknown.png

I glanced at it, and you are keybinding things like far sight, revive, and astral recall. If you keybind everything a class has then yea they are gonna have a lot of keybinds.

6 Likes

My record was 76 key binds in mop.

Alt shift control modifiers are your friends

Good to see us being un-pruned.

6 Likes

Oh, it’s not the number of keybinds. The base UI only allows 5 hotbars (6 if you count the extra one when cycling on the main bar). I was hoping to ditch dominos for the expansion, but I will keep it for this reason. I was more pointing out that the base UI runs out of space.

I know this is very much a me issue, but I do like to keybind obscure things like far sight ect.

Bartender…

I wouldnt do far sight but everyyhung else checks out. Also need arena1-3 and party 1-3 for alot of those.

Honestly the base UI is still pretty terrible even after the revamp unfortunately. If you use base UI you’re going to be playing with a variety of different handicaps, not just this one

1 Like

Ok, so I decided to put certain abilities in a “non combat related” category and moved them to the hidden hotbar. Flametongue/Windfury Weapon/Earthliving Weapon/Lightning Shield/Astral Recall/Far Sight/Ancestral spirit. On live I will just move them to an opie wheel.

Still think the UI is pretty limited, but I can manage now.

no one is going to disagree that blizzards standard ui is garbage. even w/ the improvements for df its still pretty stinky.

1 Like

You seem to be keybinding very random stuff. Remove the random stuff and it becomes a lot more manageable.

I’m at ~78 right now:

• This includes a number of global keybinds, such as party targeting, arena targeting, stopcasting, tab target, and some others.
  • Some keybinds are “redundant” (use the same ability). For example, @focus macros (ex. shear, focus shear) and @player macros (ex. earthen, earthen on myself).
  • A handful of keybinds page page differently depending on what I’m targeting, but it seems I already have “redundant” keybinds for most of these. Looks like the only spells which I don’t have unique binds for are Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning.
  • Some keybinds are panic buttons which use trinket and a bunch of other stuff all at once.
  • I left out the remaining global keybinds which don’t really have combat purposes, like autorun, walk, or toggling interface panels.

It’s a lot, but I don’t mind it. Shaman’s been fun to learn.

I have a keybind for Far Sight too! (I didn’t include it my above list)

And yeah, as much as I’d like to use fewer addons, I still don’t think the base UI is going to have all of what I need. I’ll continue sticking with Bartender for now.

Guy has primal strike bound

6 Likes

Yea Ele has 53 pre Dragonflight I’ll gain at least 5 more since I don’t use Stormkeeper or Icefury or Earthgrab and a few more.

lol /10char

I’m pretty sure that you can save like 40 hotkeys if you use some healing addon like Vudho.

And another 10 more of you dont bind useless crap.

1 Like

Dont people use primal strike for sniping enemy totems?

In theory you could bind all your skills, all possible potions and weird items, just because you can in theory find a scenario on which it might be useful. But for most of us, we bind the skills that we use more often, or need to react fast, and leave those extremely specific nieche things to be clicked.

If you bind things that you never use, you will not have the instinct to click it when you need it. You will need to look at the bar, remember what key it was bound to, and then press it. It has no advantage over just clicking the skill.

But in the end, this is something you will need to decide by yourself, maybe you are different and will be able to use these crazy bindings properly. In any case you are probably the only player that do things like this, and I don’t think the game should be designed with this in mind

I just bind CDs/attack spells, use mouse over macros for healing, and click things I might use once every X minutes like Dwayne, bloodlust, etc.

I would legitimately quit the game if I was using 70+ binds like some of you guys. Jesus. Lol

1 Like

if you need 57 keybinds to play your class, please re-evaluate how you are playing. There are all kinds of abilities that you will not use in a single dungeon, raid fight, or even pvp match. Tailor your bar to what you’re doing.
If you’re putting the same ability multiple times (i.e. interrupt/focus interrupt), make a macro with a modifier.

I would argue if you use less, you should seriously re-evaluate how you are playing… I’ll link the 56 that I could think of off the top of my head below.

Even if you don’t need the ability for the current content, you should definitely still have a bind for it. I couldn’t imagine the headache you’d have from rearranging your bars every time you needed a different t piece of utility…

Lava burst

flame shock
lightning bolt
chain lightning
earthquake
earth shock
echoing shock/ele blast
cap totem
set focus
healthstone
health pot
cov signature abiliti
cov class ability
healing surge
kick
focus kick
lightning shield
healing stream totem
astral shift
earth ele
fire ele
stormkeeper
ascendance
icefury
frost shock
primal ele ability
earthbind totem
earthgrab totem
tremor totem
wind rush totem
cleanse spirit
stoneskin/tranq air
poison cleansing totem
totemic recall
totemic projection
lasso
Ancestral guidance
gust of wind
hex
focus hex
lust
set marker
set location marker
mount
Nature’s swiftness
earth shield
spiritwalkers grace
thunderstorm
trinket 1
trinket 2
Pvp trinket
ghost wolf
purge
focus purge
liquid magma totem
racial ability

Yeah modifiers are great but theres no real difference between 3 separate binds for arena1 arena2 arena3 vs an all in one macro with modifiers except its less cluttered on the ui.

And juse because you see someones action bars have the same icon or tooltip repeating several times, doesnt necessarily mean its the same spell multiple times.

I dont think its right for you to be telling me how to play my class. It works for me. Id rather have more things than fewer things.