55 or older?

im a doomer

1 Like

Sounds good in theory, unfortunately being a jerk or troll has no age limitā€¦lol

59 here, and my wife says 59 going on 13.

10 Likes

It always amuses me when kids assume that there arenā€™t any older gamers. Who do they think invented gaming?

31 Likes

Its more fun to show them the dogs and make them reconsider.

1 Like

Right. And some day, if they are lucky, they will be the old farts that the young gamers look at sideways, wondering about.
Reminds me of that old poem:

Such as thou art, sometime was I,
Such as I am, such shalt thou be.

19 Likes

My grand kids wanted me to join. Given they were/are 1,500 miles away what better way to have fun. An evening of WoW and Teamspeak with the grandkids!

I did get a huge laugh when my oldest said, ā€œGranpa you are such a NOOB.ā€

33 Likes

I will turn 55 in October. Looking forward to returning to classic

7 Likes

64 here and retired and can play when ever I want! For The HORDE!

17 Likes

It was called The Older Gamers Ran with them in BDO and ArchAge. They are still around last checked.

2 Likes

66 years old here and Iā€™ve played this game since 2004. I do enjoy the gameplay.
Didnā€™t have this stuff growing up and the closest thing to a video gaming back
then was ā€˜zorkā€™ a completely text based adventure game until I made my own
video game in 1978 on a radio shack ā€˜TRS80ā€™ computer. Perspective! Now I
am retired and play when I want and for however long I desire. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Yes ding 51 this month. Been playing video games since Rogue and Wizardry. Will keep on until eyesight is gone or Iā€™m dust.

7 Likes

64 this month. Still work a part time job or I would sit home and get fat. Can set my own hours so can mostly play whenever I want. Played since Jan. 2005

6 Likes

This reminds me of the first video game I ever played which was ā€˜Pongā€™. It came as a promotion for the first color TV console we ever purchased. Canā€™t remember the year but was early 70s.

8 Likes

ā€œIt is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.ā€

18 Likes

I remember that I first came across Pong in '72, I think that it was only a year or two later that the first home unit came out.

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to see you go tell www.twitch. tv/grndpagaming (Remove the Space) that.
Iā€™d love to see his reply. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will be. My front yard is wow. All you ally kids will not like me in Kalmindor.

Oh. Half way to 56. Playing since Feb 05.

6 Likes

We need to get an AARP discount on our WoW subscription.

21 Likes

AARP? Aliance attitude for Role Playing?

7 Likes

Thank you, this one made me LOL. Thumbs up !

10 Likes