Player is Banned (72 Hours) for World PVP

Reddit Source Thread

This guy provides video evidence of him,and his friends World PvPing. What he is showing is why he was suspended for 72 hours.

Is Blizzard seriously punishing people for World PVP now?

How can this possibly be acceptable?

22 Likes

More to it meme.

8 Likes

Discussions of Disciplinary actions is banned on the forums just a heads up.

9 Likes

Dorinke. I worry that this may not be the safest place to discuss this. I see many threads that talk about moderation in some way get told that it’s not allowed. I don’t know if the OP of those gets banned, but just in case, I wanted to give you a heads up.

Edit - also Jessail ninja warned you first, because I am a slow typer.

2 Likes

Accepting terrible behavior by blizzard is not okay. They clearly have no actual people on the review of this case and the suspension is done by a machine, so why not fill the forums with this? Worst case you get a temporary ban from the forums, but he’ll, theyre obviously not enforcing any sort of standard here.

23 Likes

Bans have an appeal process. The banned person should use that. Discussion of Bans and why they happen is banned (pun intended) in the code of conduct:

3 Likes

Isn’t WPVP disruptive in it’s own right? You’re off on your own and questing when all of a sudden you get demolished by a group or raid of X faction and then you have to ghost run back to the body and either escape or get creamed over and over. It’s the nature of WPVP. You know what you’re signing up for when you turn it on.

So the fact that (if everything that is stated is accurate and true) he and his got banned for 72hrs over playing the game the way it was designed (again, if he truly wasn’t camping and griefing) that is a really low and terrible action to be handed out by Blizz. Makes me contemplate turning WM off in the case that if I was to go out hunting for pvp that I might get suspended for playing the game.

10 Likes

I wonder if it has something to do with how long they fought them.

He said he was out there a while.

I’m betting there’s more to the story then what is being shown in, and I’m also willing to bet the reasoning behind the ban has nothing to do with whatever is in the video.

20 Likes

OTOH, when morale about the game is as low as it is right now, who cares about a suspension?

3 Likes

I watched their stream, they did nothing wrong or against the rules. Here is a statement from the person on Reddit:

Final edit: Blizz responded, I was told the ban was due to harassing players and they are unwilling to discuss it further. I was not given any indication as to what specifically caused the ban, and was told the matter was closed. I would LOVE to know how I engaged in disruptive gameplay, and HOW I harassed players. Even if the ban is justified (may well be, I have no idea what it’s for) the lack of communication is absurd.

Yeah ok so WPvP is officially dead. Engage and you could be reported and have your account suspended. It’s not worth the risk if you want to play the game. Just don’t ever do WPvP.

19 Likes

The real reason they don’t want you to discuss corrective actions is because 98% of them are for stupid reasons and are just due to the auto ban system upon receiving a certain number of reports. Can’t even world pvp with warmode anymore without getting a 72 hour ban.

17 Likes

This has to be the most funny thing ever. I remember you could corpse camp for days. Blue say that part of game. Now its not. That is way to funny.

7 Likes

Were you aware that the only thing that ever comes out of an appeal process is a robo response with 0 human interaction? My guess is no

5 Likes

so i guese no more war mode city raids then. plebs might complain and get everyone banned. hmm okay well that mode was short lived

3 Likes

if he got a 3 day ban, it was because he was using exploitive behavior. Never take anything from Reddit at face value

16 Likes

I think it’s important that this gets some coverage on the forums, as I think if further reviewed, this individual wouldn’t have a strike on his account.

I’ve played this game for over a decade. If we are in a place where players are being banned for WPVP, there’s a massive issue that Blizzard ought to be embarrassed about.

8 Likes

Because someone on reddit would never twist the story to make it sound like they’re innocent or anything. I’m betting that player knows exactly what they did and are just refusing to accept responsibility for their actions or hoping the woe is me stuff will work.

12 Likes

Unfortunately, i find this community far more void of truth than any other on the internet.

You’re literally saying there is no way Blizzard can be wrong, because the person is posting on reddit.

I don’t think I should have to elaborate on why that level of logic is beyond subpar, but I would implore you to read the post, watch the video footage, and form an actual opinion.

6 Likes

I guess you missed the part where I said I WATCHED THEIR STREAM. No, they did not do anything wrong. It was typical WPvP, nothing different from any other group WPvP situation ever. If they got banned over that then it’s messed up. WPvP is now dead, kill anyone and they report you and you get banned.

5 Likes