50% death strike nerf in pvp

The 5% minimum change (from 10% of hp) is still a 50% nerf, so that still hurts. We just got nerfed 25% on the dmg taken portion/50% on the %minimum heal

4 Likes

I just don´t get how we get this nerfs, yet you have to kill a paladin 5 times to actually watch him bite the dust.

6 Likes

This is rediculous. 10-20% maybe, 50%? That’s sick a knee jerk Nerf. DH need a Nerf before DK do…

2 Likes

same bro i won’t change to a wrist cutter

3 Likes

I’m not having another brawl over “officially” he said she said anything about 2 handed frost coming back to BFA like I have had with Kelliste on the other forum. You also post on that forum so I’m quite certain you have seen and read the reference there. You know which one it is.

2 Likes

nothing was said about 2h coming back for BFA ever to my knowledge which is what my response was addressed to.

Shadowlands i have seen they said it was something they “would like to do”.

that is leaving the door open to the change without committing a definite yes to it. not a promise.

edit: to clarify i looked up the article you mentioned. the paragraph you refer to is the person writing the articles words not a direct statement from Ion that 2h frost would be a thing again. regardless this is offtopic so i’ll leave it there

1 Like

I think even with the revision to a 25% nerf to Death Strike damage based healing AND still keeping the 50% full nerf to minimum healing, the DK will still fold in PvP faster than Superman on laundry day!

They need a DAMAGE buff somewhere in order to compensate for the Death Strike nerf. Otherwise…it’s gonna be ugly for the DK for the remainder of BFA

5 Likes

Haha good.

So like if they turn around and decide it’s demon hunters turn next what ya gunna do

3 Likes

Only time will tell

Death Strike now heals for the same amount as Bloodthirst, a rotation ability that generates resources for Fury warriors…

6 Likes

I’ll throw salt on that would and remind you they heal from their best Azerite trait too

2 Likes

False, now if you would have said a BDK I might have agreed.

3 Likes

Destro locks got nerfed too, and using DH (a broken class) as an argument as to why you should keep a broken ability… lol

1 Like

So this happened today in a Random Battleground - Warsong Gulch…
Horde -
Blood DK - the Flag runner not me and someone with higher item level than myself. It was 466 item level and had a total of around 800K health with the PvP food buff
Mistweaver Monk - Healer One
Restoration Druid - Healer Two
Then the rest DPS, I was playing Unholy.

Alliance
Vengeance DH - No Food Buff and couldn’t see item level but had 998K Health
Holy Paladin - Only healer for the entire time
Elemental Shaman - Backup healing

Alliance Won the BG why the stats at the end showed the tail…
Demon Hunter - Death 0, 3rd on Damage Charts and 1st on the healing with 67K HPS
Blood DK - 8 Deaths, 4th Last on the Damage Charts and 7th on the healing charts with 16K HPS overall.

The DH had at one point 5 DPS on him and the lowest he dropped to was 30% at one point only to be 100% health like 1 second later from a Meta drop leeching bomb heal.

If anyone doesn’t say the DH is broken based on this has to be brain dead or a DH loving wanna be fanboy/girl/……

It is also shows conclusively that the nerf to DS basically gutted the Death Knights Survivability due to lack of Escapes, Mobility and general GTFO of here mechanics that DH have up the wahzoo

8 Likes

This is quite true. We are now a class without mobility, without meaningful defense, and without meaningful self healing. And for anyone who still have doubt, pop into a BG and try for yourself. This nerf is beyond just being noticeable, it’s completely garbage.

9 Likes

Did my normal Blood DK battle grounds last night…

Last week I was having a blast protecting flags, now I melt and can’t even defend vs 2 people…

What the heck is a Tank now for pvp? A weaker, take more damage than dps spec and provide less damage as a whole…

10 Likes

I felt the nerf to DS more than I thought I would last night :cry:

I might have to switch over to all versatility gear.

4 Likes

Yeah the new patch just made me give up hope for blizzard and shadowlands, did a preorder for the boost (this guy) and went ahead and refunded it bc this might be the 2nd xpac I dont play.

My dk has always been one of my favorite toons and to see them gut the class like this without touching on DH or rogue is just beyond me. Hopefully the classic team takes over shadowlands, or else we are in for the same crap with different spray paint on the crap

5 Likes

Wait can I preorder shadowlands get the boost then refund it?