50% damage removed is great for pvp

The new change they are trying out is amazing for pvp. I believe it allows WAY more character skill expression. The duels are more fun in my opinion. Some classes benefit more than others, but overall I think this is a step in the right direction! I think some classes really got hurt bad, but I think a lot of the complaining is from people who do not know how to really play their class well and are mad they cant 2 shot people anymore. More tweaking is required for classes to be balanced, but overall the change is more fun.

Good job bliz!

21 Likes

Noooo it’s horrible players have turned into bosses and healers are unkillable. Not fun at all :frowning: 50% is too much and is not a replacement for real class balancing.

6 Likes

50% might be too much but it is a step in the right direction imo. Everything was too bursty before and you didnt even really get to play your whole class. Just my opinion!

Also side note, i think priest inner fire is now bugged and not going down from 20 stacks but still applying the armor from inner fire.

5 Likes

against below average players 50% is alrignt, but if you fight against a very good priest healer 50% is too much

Yeah i am not saying 50% is dead on. I am just saying step in the right direction. I think 50% is closer to good than 0% like it was before

5 Likes

yep, I wasn’t being antagonist, it’s just that against normal people is great, but against an even skilled healer in a skirmish is very tough

the good thing is that most healers are PvErs

It is way worse than it was before the reduction went into effect… The team with more priests is going to win 100% of the time. Healers being immortal isn’t a step in the right direction. 10-20% dmg reduction may have been cool, 50% is way too drastic.

4 Likes

So I am coming from more of a wpvp / 1v1 / 1v2 standpoint. I played one wsg and it felt fine but I would have to play more to know about that. Healers are pretty op since heals didn’t get nerfed, but still I think overall this is better game feel than before when it was just burst city don’t even use your full kit.

just my first impressions from some felwood wpvp and dueling in front of IF and 1 game of wsg. I could be wrong and I do not think 50% is the best number, maybe 35% or something would be better.

All they needed to do was some fine tuning and also nerf heals. N
ot this on the fly knee jerk reaction garbage.
Dogwater fixes are dogwater.

1 Like

Surviving a HoJ or one of the many frequent low cooldown BTE/Kidney setups, is refreshing.

Not being oppressed by the sheer strength of double dot priest is refreshing.

Not randomly eating 2.6k starfire from a random 3 sec star surge stun is a BLESSING.

Having interesting bgs, where we run comps around warrior now because they have REAL value now is nice. Having warriors go back to target calling for focus fire on a target, rogues being critical for cross cc on off healers from the kill target, and the increase of globals spent on ttk to allow opponents and allies flesh out their skill books instead of rushing damage buttons to win the first race to 0hp is amazing.

50% is too high and some classes are hurt by the change too much. But the change proves that when the damage is slowed down , the game actually can have some depth to it. TEAMPLAY actually matters more than ever. I saw healers in every BG tonight on both sides.

Today was the first time when killing healers I actually needed to bother purging and timing a kick. Before I would walk up, storm strike , lava lash earth shock and they were likely dead from all of my windfury crits or finished off in my 4th global of chain lightning. It was mindlessly easy.

6 Likes

Personal I love the changes too. Pvp Feels a little more about skills and less about who 1-2shots first. I have not test bgs yet but wpvp is amazing

1 Like

It takes less skill because you have far more time to think.

It’s the opposite.

3 Likes

I 100% agree, I often have some remarks, but not this one.

you summarized exactly what I think, 100%, and I’m glad that someone besides me thinks like that

Tested it out tonight on my warrior and was very pleased. I was worried about rage generation since less damage taken and less given, but it felt amazing. Healers still can be killed and this opens up more play for mortal strike builds as well.

4 Likes

nice, my concern was that with less damage lesser rage was being generated, if it’s not the case, I bet warriors feel way better to play rn, they deserve it

1 Like

Only complaint I have is enh shamans with maelstrom weapon and riptide are genuinely unkillable in any scenario by any class. Only class/spec that stands out right now.

7 Likes

I definitely felt like i had more rage, mostly due to staying alive longer if i had to guess(much easier to peel back from front line) and more value from from blood craze(in glad stance btw). Gonna test a arms build tomorrow but so far so good.

1 Like

nice, how’s glad stance faring rn for you?

I fought 2 glad and 2 full prot warriors after the damage tweak

no reliant data neither strat for me yet, as it all depends if they run weapon chains

1 Like

That’s what I’m scared of atm. When I read the the blue post I said to myself shamans going to be crazy with 2 instant heals.

1 Like

Its fun for sure but I’m still experimenting between specs. Surprisingly deep prot with the 10% wep dmg talent combined with 15% stun resist(stacks with orc racial), shield bash silence, and 2 stuns feels really strong(shield bash aslo hits pretty hard and dispels magic effects). Still doing some testing but so far 30% flat dmg buff felt great. Right now im doing a hybrid fury/bleed dps build which feels pretty good for raw damage.

1 Like