5% really?

I am ok with the 5% for now. I assume they might make some changes after to specific under-performing talents after this if needed, but the 5% is fine for me. I am not raiding and mythic though. I have to be casual for a little bit longer while work gets in the way.

I think they may have forgotten to add the 5%. I did parses on the training dummy over the hour before reset and again after they came back up. Parses seem to be dead even. After reset parses are less than 1% higher.

Also took screenshots of what the tooltip says for each ability and they all show the exact same amount as pre-maintenance.

1 Like

Same I’m noticing no difference in dps numbers and I did the same tool tips showing the same after the supposed patch.

That’s because the buff really did nothing. It’s an attempt to make it seem like they care while circumventing the problem

1 Like

We didn’t receive the buff. Wars didn’t receive the master and commander change either. So I don’t think it’s live

Seem like this nerf back in November should have never happened…

3 Likes

I wanted to check out this statement so I checked it on my Hunter. It seems your claim is incorrect. I set up my talents to have Killer Instinct and Aspect of the Beast then compared it to all the other options. It turns out even with Rylakstalkers, Animal Companion and Bloodshed are the best choice.

This is extremely unfortunately because I hate having two beasts and I really wanted this to work.

https://i.imgur.com/FQ44M34.png

1 Like

I find simulators to be unreliable. I swapped back and forth between KI and AC multiple times and did dozens of parses. KI always came out 2-3% higher in use, despite sims saying it should be otherwise.

That aged well

1 Like

I did seething shores as BM and when I dropped I died and accomplished nothing because my pet stayed on the boat. Yay.

1 Like

All of my tooltips on Survival are higher.

How does a casual player find ‘correct’ information? Which sites would you direct them to or do you suggest they go out and experiment as all the beta testers should have been doing to provide correct information?

Raidbots is the best option in my opinion. It’s not perfect, but it’s as close as you’re going to get to accurate information.

The biggest problem with those guides is your stat priority and gear needs will depend on where you sit right now. For example, if 20% haste is optimal, anything lower or higher is less important. Guides rarely provide that context, where a simulator will factor that in.

Simulations always assume perfection in all you do with no allowance for mechanics and or less than perfect proc rates etc.

Sims are a starting point not an end all point.

Agreed, but they’re leaps and bounds better than any ‘guides’ I’ve seen. In the end, it takes experience and knowledge of your spec to know what will net you the biggest gains.

For example, I need more haste. I’ve gemmed and enchanted for haste, but still need more. My focus regen is slow and I struggle to keep frenzy stacks up. But if I got to Icy Veins, it tells me I need more crit. At 29% crit, I’ve already passed soft cap, so telling me to focus on crit is just dumb.

Oh agreed definitely better than anything in guides for sure. Even most of those writers espouse using Raidbots to make sure

Mainly I was responding to the Legendary gear what is best to use part of Raidbots as in SFE over a passive like Rylacks
Like hey if you can do SFE successfully good on you one of our raid groups comparably geared BM’s seems to be able to manage well especially on cleave fights but once on a boss where fewer targets and mechanics rear their ugly head I pull ahead.

I’m confused.

I know that simming assumes best possible combination of outcomes, and that no one could ever be as good as a simulation. With that in mind, are you saying that based on your style of play and your ability you determined that Killer Instinct and Aspect of the Beast is the better option? So in other words: “your mileage may vary”?

Simulators are unreliable, but still leaps and bounds better than guides. There is no substitute for experience and knowledge of your own spec/class.

Like Cog says do the sim then try the recommended out on target dummy see how YOU make out trying to achieve the DPS claimed by the sim

Then consider what you will deal with regarding content you will be doing as a primary.

I agree with this so much. I wasn’t going to use the talent but had no choice with how much BM is already underperforming. It’s annoying being as wide as 5 people (because there’s a space between you and the pets) when trying to avoid mobs. Not only that, but the second pet is buggy as hell, both pathing-wise and in other situations, like if I feign death after the second pet dies, it’ll respawn alive and pull stuff. Same thing with camo, it’ll respawn not in camo.

Having a second pet should be cosmetic only, if people like that. It should be a glyph or something.